8" diamiter rocket on 4 24mm or 29mm....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that were so, you'd think he would be on here defending himself.

Adrian

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Better question yet, Are there any forum members from Idaho that even know this guy or who he may be from a launch? I guess it would not be that hard to see if there is a NAR member from Post Falls, ID.

Better question yet, Are there any forum members from Idaho that even know this guy or who he may be from a launch? I guess it would not be that hard to see if there is a NAR member from Post Falls, ID.

Ask Braden,
I mean it's Idaho, they all know each other, right? How big can it be??????? :wink: :wink:

Adrian

Ok everyone. I'm the dude you have been talking about. We don't have Ebay on my planet, so I am pretty new to it. LOL Here is my background and my situation. I was into rocketry as a teenager, like many. I also flew radio controlled airplanes in the Dayton, Ohio area with the likes of Dave Brown of Dave Brown products and Don Lowe, eventual President of the AMA. I served my country in the U.S. Navy from 1976 to 1980 aboard the U.S.C. Guadalcanal (LPH-7) helicopter carrier as an Air Traffic Controller in the Atlantic and Mediterranean Sea. In the late 70s and early 80s I obtained almost all pilot licenses and ratings, and now have just short of 1,000 hours of flight time, with Commercial license, Flight Instructor, Multi-engine rating, Multi-engine flight instructor, Instrument rating and Instrument Flight Instructor. I was hired by the FAA in 1982, about six months after the 1981 strike, where Reagan fired 11,000 for the illegal strike, and started my career as an FAA Air Traffic Controller at the Minneapolis International control tower, then Decatur, Illinois, then Jeffco tower in Colorado halfway between Denver and Boulder, then the Eugene, Oregon control tower, then back to Jeffco for 1.5 years, then to the Felts Field control tower in Spokane, Washington for ten years, then to the Boeing Field FAA tower in Seattle for 3.5 years (just as busy as Sea-Tac!). I am one of 165 controllers in the country (1% of controllers at the time), who were in the fourth year of the four-year program to contract out control towers at small airports, where FAA controllers moved to higher-level facilities and were replaced by contract controllers. Those who moved in the first three years of the program moved AS SCHEDULED, and received all correct pay raises in conversion to a new pay system and 3-year distribution of $200 million about 14 years ago. Us in the fourth year of the program were SCHEDULED to move two months BEFORE the new pay system and distribution began, and if so would have been given the same pay raises as those who moved in the first three years. However, our Union filed legal action against the FAA in the Cleveland Federal Court, attempting to stop the contracting, effectively trying to stop our promotions to the higher-level facilities (FAA management was giving us our 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice of any facility in the country, paying for our moves, buying our homes at fair market value, and giving us pay raises, and our own Union was trying to stop it.

They only succeeded in delaying our promotions by 14 months. Halfway through the 14-month delay, the same Union that tried to stop our promotions, made an ILLEGAL agreement to move us to the new facilities using a rule from the new pay system, even though DURING our 14-month delay we were held under the old pay system, as we were in a "frozen" program. Holding us under the old pay system is the ONLY correct thing the Air Traffic Division did. Applying a rule from the new pay system to GS(FG) employees still under the old pay system is like applying Canadian law in the United States, just because you are headed to Canada. The Union President later admitted, after he was no longer Union President, that the agreement was an "administrative error". It put us at the BOTTOM of the new pay band at our new facilities, instead of the position in the pay band we would have been put at if we had moved on time, giving us only, on average, HALF the pay raise we would have been given if we had moved on time, and as compared with other IDENTICAL employees who moved in the first three years of the program, who are WELL UP in the pay band at the SAME FACILITY. This put my pay at $20,700 per year LESS than I would have been put at if I had moved on time, in other words, the extra 14-months at the Felts Field tower in Spokane, Washington, cost me $20,700 per year on a PERMANENT basis as long as I was at Boeing Field. After two trips to D.C. to have meetings with Union and FAA people, with them refusing to do anything about it, and after pursuing all other possible avenues of correction, I had to resign in April, 2003, in order to access my retirement fund as the only way to pay an Ohio attorney $15,000 to take legal action against the bastards. I have not been able to be rehired since, which is illegal retaliation for the legal action. The Air Traffic Division has given a letter to Senator Patty Murray and Senator Maria Cantwell (from Washington state) with 5 PROVABLY false statements concerning the pay issue. The sad part is, that the money that should have been given to the 165 of us, being cheated out of an average of $7,000 per year, was distributed to all other controllers (about 17,655) in the second year of the distribution, causing them to get $2.51 per paycheck extra, enough to buy two candy bars every two weeks. The Merit Systems Protection Board ruled they do not have jurisdiction over it, and the Federal Labor Relations Authority said I did not file the Unfair Labor Practice within six months of when the agreement was made, even though from the time the agreement was made until we realized we "got the shaft" was 6.5 months, too late to do anything about it according to the Regional Director, and I later found out that an allegation of an illegal pay agreement does not fit the description according to the statute of what is considered an Unfair Labor Practice, so he should have told me that so I could take a different avenue, and take it to a District Court. Will finish posting tomorrow, it's getting late.

You should join YORF, that's the crowd that's REALLY talking about you.

Oh come on, let him stay. This place needs some excitement...
:wink:

Ok everyone. I'm the dude you have been talking about. We don't have Ebay on my planet, so I am pretty new to it. LOL Here is my background and my situation. I was into rocketry as a teenager, like many. I also flew radio controlled airplanes in the Dayton, Ohio area with the likes of Dave Brown of Dave Brown products and Don Lowe, eventual President of the AMA. I served my country in the U.S. Navy from 1976 to 1980 aboard the U.S.C. Guadalcanal (LPH-7) helicopter carrier as an Air Traffic Controller in the Atlantic and Mediterranean Sea. In the late 70s and early 80s I obtained almost all pilot licenses and ratings, and now have just short of 1,000 hours of flight time, with Commercial license, Flight Instructor, Multi-engine rating, Multi-engine flight instructor, Instrument rating and Instrument Flight Instructor. I was hired by the FAA in 1982, about six months after the 1981 strike, where Reagan fired 11,000 for the illegal strike, and started my career as an FAA Air Traffic Controller at the Minneapolis International control tower, then Decatur, Illinois, then Jeffco tower in Colorado halfway between Denver and Boulder, then the Eugene, Oregon control tower, then back to Jeffco for 1.5 years, then to the Felts Field control tower in Spokane, Washington for ten years, then to the Boeing Field FAA tower in Seattle for 3.5 years (just as busy as Sea-Tac!). I am one of 165 controllers in the country (1% of controllers at the time), who were in the fourth year of the four-year program to contract out control towers at small airports, where FAA controllers moved to higher-level facilities and were replaced by contract controllers. Those who moved in the first three years of the program moved AS SCHEDULED, and received all correct pay raises in conversion to a new pay system and 3-year distribution of $200 million about 14 years ago. Us in the fourth year of the program were SCHEDULED to move two months BEFORE the new pay system and distribution began, and if so would have been given the same pay raises as those who moved in the first three years. However, our Union filed legal action against the FAA in the Cleveland Federal Court, attempting to stop the contracting, effectively trying to stop our promotions to the higher-level facilities (FAA management was giving us our 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice of any facility in the country, paying for our moves, buying our homes at fair market value, and giving us pay raises, and our own Union was trying to stop it.

They only succeeded in delaying our promotions by 14 months. Halfway through the 14-month delay, the same Union that tried to stop our promotions, made an ILLEGAL agreement to move us to the new facilities using a rule from the new pay system, even though DURING our 14-month delay we were held under the old pay system, as we were in a "frozen" program. Holding us under the old pay system is the ONLY correct thing the Air Traffic Division did. Applying a rule from the new pay system to GS(FG) employees still under the old pay system is like applying Canadian law in the United States, just because you are headed to Canada. The Union President later admitted, after he was no longer Union President, that the agreement was an "administrative error". It put us at the BOTTOM of the new pay band at our new facilities, instead of the position in the pay band we would have been put at if we had moved on time, giving us only, on average, HALF the pay raise we would have been given if we had moved on time, and as compared with other IDENTICAL employees who moved in the first three years of the program, who are WELL UP in the pay band at the SAME FACILITY. This put my pay at $20,700 per year LESS than I would have been put at if I had moved on time, in other words, the extra 14-months at the Felts Field tower in Spokane, Washington, cost me $20,700 per year on a PERMANENT basis as long as I was at Boeing Field. After two trips to D.C. to have meetings with Union and FAA people, with them refusing to do anything about it, and after pursuing all other possible avenues of correction, I had to resign in April, 2003, in order to access my retirement fund as the only way to pay an Ohio attorney $15,000 to take legal action against the bastards. I have not been able to be rehired since, which is illegal retaliation for the legal action. The Air Traffic Division has given a letter to Senator Patty Murray and Senator Maria Cantwell (from Washington state) with 5 PROVABLY false statements concerning the pay issue. The sad part is, that the money that should have been given to the 165 of us, being cheated out of an average of $7,000 per year, was distributed to all other controllers (about 17,655) in the second year of the distribution, causing them to get $2.51 per paycheck extra, enough to buy two candy bars every two weeks. The Merit Systems Protection Board ruled they do not have jurisdiction over it, and the Federal Labor Relations Authority said I did not file the Unfair Labor Practice within six months of when the agreement was made, even though from the time the agreement was made until we realized we "got the shaft" was 6.5 months, too late to do anything about it according to the Regional Director, and I later found out that an allegation of an illegal pay agreement does not fit the description according to the statute of what is considered an Unfair Labor Practice, so he should have told me that so I could take a different avenue, and take it to a District Court. Will finish posting tomorrow, it's getting late.

WTF did he just say

Oh come on, let him stay. This place needs some excitement...
:wink:
I wasn't telling him to leave here, just letting him know where all the people were that he's been exchanging emails with. :)

Sounds like this is going to be a Long, Involved, Explanation.

I skimmed the rant and basically; he's pissed the Government broke his union. In turn he wants to screw others as; he was short changed back in the 80's....

jd

I skimmed the rant and basically; he's pissed the Government broke his union. In turn he wants to screw others as; he was short changed back in the 80's....

jd

Yeah. Sounds pretty much like meaningless rambling in the context in the thread.

I wasn't telling him to leave here, just letting him know where all the people were that he's been exchanging emails with. :)

Yup, been reading that. I have had some of my own conversation with this guy...

Boise now. He's a lot closer to Jay in Twin Falls, but six + hours away from his past place of residence in Post Falls.

No, I am one of the controllers hired AFTER the 1981 strike, and worked for the FAA for 21 years until 2003. The new ATC Union and FAA made an agreement that cheated me out of $20,700 per year, as it applied a rule from a new pay system to a small group of us who have never been put into the new pay system. It is about to be corrected, where I will have enough money to buy Semroc.

I was only explaining how I had to resign to access my retirement fund to pay for a lawsuit against the FAA for me and my fellow Air Traffic Controllers who were shafted out of our full pay raise, and our Union President agreed with it, without our permission. I am trying to start a model rocket and R/C airplane company, having some difficulties, but it is going to accelerate (no pun intended) pretty soon. I will have some very cool products, like a 1/12 scale Lunar Module that the ascent stage will launch from, using clear plastic stabilizing "paddles" that will be powered by servos and controlled by a gyro.

I have tried to register at YORF, but it won't let new people register, for some reason. No matter what email address I use or even computers at two different local libraries, it says, "the Administrator has banned your email address".

Back