Looking for a good keychain camera and seller on Amazon or ebay.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majordude

Swimsuit Model
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I know there are a million threads on this and an RC radio forum but times change so quickly. What is the best 808 (720p) camera and who sells it?

Last edited:
I went with an 808 off of Amazon that was about $12, and it was good enough to make this:

[video=youtube;zE7bDu97PLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE7bDu97PLA[/video]

What is the best 808 (720p) camera and who sells it?

To distill it all down for you...

"Best" 808 camera = #16 (This is the best 720p model)

Most referenced seller = eletoponline365
https://stores.ebay.com/eletoponline365/808-Micro-Cameras-/_i.html?_fsub=1797717015

Note 3 different lenses available. lens-a=normal, lens-b=slightly wide, lens-D=very wide

Cost = about $40 delivered from Hong Kong (you won't find a real 720p HD #16 for much less than $40 +/- a couple of bucks)

Delivery time = usually 2 - 4 weeks

[YOUTUBE]euJlH6HIh9c[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Techmoan has a channel on YouTube, and he often updates his materials as new products come out. eletoponline365 is the manufacturer of the 808 #16 camera, and the only vendor that I'd buy one from.

From the side by side video, I wish that I had another "A" lens, and could pick up a couple of them with the new "D" lens. I'd like them both for my bike, the D on the handle bar, and one on the underside of my seat bag, and the A for my helmet. I'd also need them to be incased in a waterproof housing.

"That's an interesting story he's telling you there officer, and he deserves an award for his acting in a dramatic role, but according to my videos, this is what happened... Which one do you want to believe?"

I've said it before, and I'll repeat myself... The 808 #16 is the reason I'm back into rocketry.

Last edited:
For taping the thing to the side of your rockets, though ... do you recommend lens A, B, or D?

I prefere to support a fellow rocketeer than some chinaman.

If you know of a similar product, with equal or greater performance, and cost, made by a fellow rocketeer, I'd be interested in knowing who makes it, and where I could score one. (Good Luck! Your fruitless search begins... Now!)

If you do the research, you'll find that you are ultimately supporting a business in Hong Kong (China) if you buy a 808 #16 Keychain camera (or, quite likely, any kind of similar, inexpensive, small electronic device).

eletoponline365 is the Manufacturer of the 808 #16, they are made in Hong Kong, so the money will go over there anyway... At this time, their Ebay Feedback has >15,300 positive responses... 22 Neutral, and only 13 Negative.

Why would you waste money dealing with a middle man?

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind, the "D" lens will make everything small inside the frame due to the wide angle. If you are flying at lower altitudes this is okay as you pick up more in the field of view. If you are flying higher, then the narrower FOV lenses give you greater detail. Also depends on whether you are pointing the camera down or outward towards the horizon.

The lens on the #16 is removable so you can buy the camera with an "A" or "B" lens and order a "D" lens for $12. Then fly the camera with all 3 lenses and see which one you like. I think you would need to modify the case (make the hole larger) for the "D" lens. I am sure the RC forum has info on swapping out the lenses. I have cameras with both a "B" and "D" lenses and have never removed them. I find myself using the #16 with the "B" lens most often.

Back