The new Boostervision Gearcam DV.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the pivoting lens on the Gearcam DVR. Very cool. I also like the fact that you don't have to construct an internal bay for it, because it is completely self-contained.

Regarding the mount, it appears to have a mounting clip on the side. On the webpage for it, Boostervision mentions making a T-rail or I-beam to mount it, but doesn't explicitly point out the mounting clip on the side of the camera, although it is apparent once you look for it. I had viewed the page a couple of times before in the past week, but until I read the other posts in this thread, and then went back to the Gearcam DVR page, I didn't notice the clip. Perhaps that could be better emphasized or explained? I think that it is a nice little touch. Tape, or some type of locking mechanism for the rail, looks like it would still be necessary, because what can slide on to a rail can also slide off at the wrong time.

MarkII

Last edited:
Here is a pdf on making a T-rail and mounting the GearCam to it

https://BoosterVision.com/files/trail.pdf

Hopefully this weekend we will have more details up on the website, we are uploading files as we type here.

gearcam-rail.jpg

Art

Last edited:
Yeah, my company has products manufactured in China and we import a variety of stuff. We are talking with the factories that make those cameras and hope to have them by Christmas. They are just too cool.

Yea they are cool. :cool:

I've been testing various metal and plastic chewing gum cameras since this time last year. Back then they were only 320x288.

I can tell you the metal ones work and last longer, I have been using the metal ones in the security business. The plastic ones don't work well for that due to the colored lights giving it away in your pocket.

I've also tested many of the MD-80 clones and keychain clones.

Question, are rocketeers interested in MD-80 like Cameras at a lower cost?
They need to look out the side or have special mounts made for them like the chewing gum cameras.

md80.jpg

Last edited:
Yea they are cool. :cool:

I've been testing various metal and plastic chewing gum cameras since this time last year. Back then they were only 320x288.

I can tell you the metal ones work and last longer, I have been using the metal ones in the security business. The plastic ones don't work well for that due to the colored lights giving it away in your pocket.

I've also tested many of the MD-80 clones and keychain clones.

Question, are rocketeers interested in MD-80 like Cameras at a lower cost?
They need to look out the side or have special mounts made for them like the chewing gum cameras.

md80.jpg

I just like the "disposable" aspect of the gum cams. I think that is the main charm of these things. If a camera cost me less than $20 and I get it stuck in a tree, then I am not too broken up about it... I'm upset, but not devastated.

And yeah... It's kinda hard to be "stealthy" with a video camera when you have a little laser light show going on in your pocket! :rolleyes:

Original thread from Oct of '09... not surprising, really...

Later!

--Coop

They were repackaged Chinese made cameras. You can still buy them on eBay.

I have a Gearcam receiver unit with me, but not a camera.

What freq should I look for a new camera to work with an old Boostervision Gerarcam receiver? Simply 2.4 gHz?

Back