Fliskits Decim8 build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished build. This is such a cool looking kit, but right on the edge of my skill level, espcially in the paint department. Plan on giving it it's inagural flight next Saturday at ROCI's CIRFF at the AMA in Muncie. Got a bunch more Fliskits to tackle, including the K'Tanga and the Tesla.

That rocket came together nicely for you! Keep up the good work.

Thanks Jim! Havent had a chance to launch it yet. It came out pretty heavy, so I am looking for a low wind day. I tend to add lots of extra weight as I build (weighs 111gms without motor). Hasnt really been a factor yet, but this guy seems like it may be a bit iffy.

Might be a candidate for a APCP D motor, D10-4 might be a good choice. I'd be a bit scared to try a C6-3 with that weight. An old C5-3, if you could find some, I think would work better but good luck finding one :p

I have been thinking of using a D13 reload, but keep envisioning all of the fins and other appendages peeling off and the whole thing crashing. Our launch site includes one of the AMA's runways, so that's always in the back of my mind for landing.

Maiden flight on a C6-3. Liftoff was great, but wind was a bit more than predicted. Began corkscrewing about burnout, weathercocked big time, but returned to fly another day, all appendages intact (landed in the grass). Next time will be with an 18mm D of some sort.

IMG_1260a.jpg

IMG_1258a.jpg

Back