• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Nitebows are coming.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box-o-bows today.

Ok

Read the instructions.

• The nice man says don't look right into the lens.
  • It's not a nice place to look
  • I did not take his word
  • I saw spots for a few minutes.

Last edited:
I recieved mine midweek. They are amazingly bright. I might use one of these to illuminate the parachute from underneath after deployment.

The next batch of 30, is shipping today, tracking will be supplied.
Dam I'm running low again, hopefully parts will be in this week or next (LEDs, china, what can I say )

being talked into making a page for mounting Ideas, using NiteBow 6.1.

Somehow I see Night Launches getting more popular or soon will be!!!! hahahahaha
Again Thanks to all!

Last edited:
As of today, I ran out of NiteBows, and more are Coming in a week:y:
KEEP in tune! :facepalm::facepalm: Double hand palm!!, hahahaha

Got my box-o-bows today.

Ok

Read the instructions.

• The nice man says don't look right into the lens.
  • It's not a nice place to look
  • I did not take his word
  • I saw spots for a few minutes.

Al, we're going to target your Trailer again, going to LDRS? hahahahahaha

URRF - can't make LDRS.

Shopping list for URRF
  • Motors
  • Igniters
  • Claymore mines
  • Rabid female wolverine with PMS, a hangnail, and AIDS.
  • Forklift
  • Six Dumas brothers well plied with expensive beer

Last edited:
Has anyone started a build thread on how they are mounting these within their rocket? I'd hate to re-invent the wheel if not needed.

Got my box of bows sat.
Thanks Don
Thank you,Thank you very much(in a deep Elvis voice)

OK, I think I am finally caught up with back orders.:facepalm:
If you did not get contacted and wanted one or you just want one, Speak now!:grin:
I'll be adding this to my website soon, but at a 39.95 prices tag + shipping. The intro price of 35.00 still holds till that time.:cheers:

Again I was surprised on the mass orders I got and I hope that all that got them will do a thread or maybe a Nite Launch build thread for all!:dark:

I will be adding a Build thread on a new Night critter soon too, Called "LUMA II", a Futuristic/SciFi rocket, the second build, the first died a horrible death.:y:

I will be adding a Build thread on a new Night critter soon too, Called "LUMA II", a Futuristic/SciFi rocket, the second build, the first died a horrible death.:y:

OH YEAH.....!

I remember the LUNA LUMA that thing you could read a newspaper by........in the dark.

I want one.

simple answer, YES!!:headbang:

We should add a Night Launch to Freedom Launch on Saturday Night

Not really a build thread but this is my NightBow rocket I'm chomping at the bit to fly!! Built mostly using spare parts its made with a MagnaFrame booster and 54MM motor mount and 1/8th honeycomb fins from Giant Leap. A 3" to 4" transition that houses the Raven altimeter for single deploy came from the pile of parts in the garage. And the nosecone, airframe and NightBow light from DLB. Hoping to launch in May at TCC.s Dairy Air on a Smallish J Skidmark.

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

Last edited:
Not really a build thread but this is my NightBow rocket I'm chomping at the bit to fly!! Built mostly using spare parts its made with a MagnaFrame booster and 54MM motor mount and 1/8th honeycomb fins from Giant Leap. A 3" to 4" transition that houses the Raven altimeter for single deploy came from the pile of parts in the garage. And the nosecone, airframe and NightBow light from DLB. Hoping to launch in May at TCC.s Dairy Air on a Smallish J Skidmark.

I find the best motor for Night Launches is a Smokey motor( low flames ), but I do love a good Sparky.
Nice looking critter you got there. hope to see many more pictures to come!!!!

I find the best motor for Night Launches is a Smokey motor( low flames ), but I do love a good Sparky.
Nice looking critter you got there. hope to see many more pictures to come!!!!

Thanks for the tip. Guess you wont get the blinding flash and can see the rocket lights

if there's anybody out there that still is looking for nitebows,I still have a few in stock and they're still at the same $35 price. I've came to the realization I don't think I got everybody, so if I missed you or you want one please tell me.

Thanks
dlb

I was hoping to see a few builds threads that NiteBows were used in, Flying season is kicking in. Come on show us what you're building, some good Night launch shot would be nice too.
Below is one I've been working on way too long, She will go up at Freedom Launch this summer in Orangeburg. Yes it's a 4" Thor booster and the rest is even brighter, Plans are for a small "K" motor.

Cool! I am HOPING to get the freedom launch this year... It will be the first launch that I can make... Hoping to stay all 3 days... :)

I was hoping to see a few builds threads that NiteBows were used in, Flying season is kicking in. Come on show us what you're building, some good Night launch shot would be nice too.

I did a pretty simple one that probably doesn't need an entire build thread. I figured I'd get a few parts and make my 2.6" DX-3 convertible for a night flier. I purchased a fiberglass tube and av-bay.

20140421_183804.jpg

The NiteBow is installed on the forward bulkhead of the av-bay and the 9V battery inside. I'm going to run wires out the bottom of the bay as a simple wire switch.

20140421_183817.jpg

Swap out the cardboard payload bay and coupler with the fiberglass tube and av bay.

20140421_184120.jpg

20140417_220101.jpg

[video=youtube;0csl-LtpkxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0csl-LtpkxY[/video]

Two minutes work of field conversion time and it's ready to blind every nocturnal animal in the area. Now just need a night launch to try it out.

I did a pretty simple one that probably doesn't need an entire build thread. I figured I'd get a few parts and make my 2.6" DX-3 convertible for a night flier. I purchased a fiberglass tube and av-bay.

View attachment 169761

The NiteBow is installed on the forward bulkhead of the av-bay and the 9V battery inside. I'm going to run wires out the bottom of the bay as a simple wire switch.

View attachment 169762

Swap out the cardboard payload bay and coupler with the fiberglass tube and av bay.

View attachment 169763

View attachment 169764

[video=youtube;0csl-LtpkxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0csl-LtpkxY[/video]

Two minutes work of field conversion time and it's ready to blind every nocturnal animal in the area. Now just need a night launch to try it out.

" I see you have constructed a new NiteBow payload. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as WarnerR has foreseen... "

Kenny

Join me, and together we can rule the night as K'Tesh and Exactimator...

Okay. I'm not even sure what this is, but I'd love to strap it to a rocket and launch it. Maybe one of KenRico's saucers for a Close Encounters of the Third Kind look.

Three or four of these and we might make as much light as a NiteBow.

Blind drivers with bicycle high beams for revenge, then get run over because the driver was blinded.

Only in NY Kevin, only in NY.. :wink:

We use LEDs (Cree, Strawhats, etc) in our larger Christmas displays in our RGB pixels each one of which is capable of over 16 million color combinations. Most use 1 watt, but we use higher wattages in RGB floods - 3, 5 ,10, 20, 30, and even 50 watt.
Great idea of adapting these 3 watters for use in rocketry!! :cool:

Back