Sheryl needs our help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Folks

By now I think everyone knows how sick Bruce is from Semroc. He was air lifted to another hospital when his kidneys shut down

Without going into details, I've been there myself. Sheryl now has tons of expenses with traveling to/from the hospital, paying for meals, parking, perhaps lodging, not to mention what medical bills that won't be covered by insurance.

Semroc has been a major asset to us, the rocket community, over the years. Even after the sudden loss of Carl, she and Bruce has kept Semroc going selling some wonderful kits and the supply of parts for the scratch builders, cloners, and up/down scalers. They created the SAM club for even more discounts. They have greatly supported us.

Now it is our turn to help support them in their time of need. I know there have been many posts wishing them well and prayers, but I think they need even more.

I already went to Paypal and sent money to [email protected]. If we all can send a little it will be a big help. Again, they have supported us - let's help support them.

Thanks
Les

I got an update from Sheryl as another way to support them.

Just found out that their church has set up a fund for Bruce. The web page is Radiant Chruch.org. If any rocketry members would like to contribute, that would be wonderful. Make sure they include their name and address. They are also setting up a baby sitting schedule for Lucas (9 months) that will carry on as Lisa needs. She hasn't left the hospital

I used paypal to send a bit of a contribution using the [email protected] address. I added a note so that it doesn't get confused for an order; hope it gets to them OK.

I am sure that all help will be greatly appreciated! :)

PLEASE NOTE: the SEMROC.com domain has expired and Sheryl can no longer see orders or any SEMROC email. Her and I are working with go daddy to get this resolved, but Sheryl needs to locate some account info from Carl's stuff in order to proceed. This may take a day or two, so bear with us :)

In the mean time, we are getting Sheryl a new gmail account so that folks can stay in touch.

I will post updates as available!

Jim

Jim
I think I can speak for most when I say what a great display of a helping hand. You sir are truly one of the good ones.

I am sure that all help will be greatly appreciated! :)

PLEASE NOTE: the SEMROC.com domain has expired and Sheryl can no longer see orders or any SEMROC email. Her and I are working with go daddy to get this resolved, but Sheryl needs to locate some account info from Carl's stuff in order to proceed. This may take a day or two, so bear with us :)

In the mean time, we are getting Sheryl a new gmail account so that folks can stay in touch.

I will post updates as available!

Jim

So will she be able to receive funds paypal-ed to the [email protected] address?

Sheryl,

If you get a chance to read this, please know that there are a lot of people praying for you and your family right now. Bruce, if you're reading this Get Well Soon!

God Bless!
Jim

That is a great idea and I see many including myself have already started to participate.

According to the Radiant Church FB page, their website address is: https://liveradiant.org

(If you're FB friends with Bruce, this is the church that recently posted a message regarding Bruce's condition, so it's definitely the correct church.)

It's the right church but I've been all over their website and can't figure out how to make a contribution that will go directly to the McLawhorns.

It's the right church but I've been all over their website and can't figure out how to make a contribution that will go directly to the McLawhorns.

Hmmm... I just looked and couldn't find it, either. Sheryl posted on YORF that she's going to transfer the Paypal donations she's received to the church. She also said it would probably be better to send donations to Radiant Church since they have a fund set up.

I just emailed the church to find out how we can donate to them and make sure it gets to Bruce, Lisa, the kids, and Sheryl. I'll post their response as soon as I get it.

My thoughts and best wishes to Bruce for a speedy recovery. I used the Semroc PayPal address to make a donation.

So will she be able to receive funds paypal-ed to the [email protected] address?

As I understand it, yes. Per go daddy, the email boxes are still in place, and working, Sheryl just can't get to them at the moment, though we don't know why.

On the domain front, the brick wall we encountered has to do with the fact that the domain is in Carl's name and only he can change things.... After a day of phone calls and false starts, we finally got to the form for just such an occurrence. I have filled the forms out and submitted them with Sheryl verification data. Next up is the corporate verification data. All this so that we can transfer domain ownership to Sheryl. Once that is done, she can easily get the domain re-registered.

Go daddy explains that this process can take up to 3 days, not counting holidays, so...

One concern from Sheryl has to do with potential new customers arriving at the defunct site. If you know of any, please let them know what's happening. Maybe even invite them to TRF where they can stay abreast of the latest info.

Jim

I went to SEMROC site to place my monthly order and I got the Go Daddy page, they need to renew their domain :( I hope I can get my order in, my way to contribute.

Last edited:
She should be able to log into paypal even if she can't get into the email addresses.

I have let Jim (Flis), a truly good friend, spread the word about what is happening but I did want to thank everyone for their prayers, contributions, and offers of help. We have been truly blessed with such wonderful friends. I will contact the chruch today to see how the fund is set up and let Jim know so he can tell everyone.

Thank you everyone,
Sheryl

Hi Sheryl,

I'm continuing to Pray for both you and Bruce.

Please tell him that we're all pulling for him. Get Well Soon Bruce!

God Bless!
Jim

My best to Sheryl and Bruce. I've only been back into Rocketry for a little While, but realize how important the Semroc Family is to the Rocketry Community as a Whole.
I can't afford to commit any Funds right now, but I can afford to say that I love Semroc, and have compassion for the Family.
I am sending Prayers and good thoughts.

I was hesitant to use PayPal because I thought they'd get a cut but I see that if you check off the friends and family option the charge is 0.

I have bought so much stuff from Semroc in the past year, and nobody is better at customer service. I really hate that they are having problems. These are hard blows to deal with for them I know.

My family and I send our prayers, and as officers of our local club we sent out the word to our members to see if we can help. I've always been a fan of Semroc, and my highlight of last years national sports launch was to meet Carl, and later was the sad news of his passing. I agree with shortfuse, and would add their quality is un-surpassed as well.

Is there anything that could be done to prevent go-daddy from selling the site, and making it so that Sheryl and Semroc don't lose their ability to continue provide there excellent products and would have to "pay" someone the rights for the site?

Ken

While we're still working the domain issue, no worries :). We're getting it done and we have a long window before we have to worry about it being sold...

I just got off he phone with Sheryl and the SEMROC email now appears to be down. At first is was the incoming servers which shut down when the domain went south. Now it appears that the outgoing servers have now also stopped. This has impacted her ability to send me an image of the docs I need. Yes, yes, I know of several other ways to get the docs, but we have to take slow breaths and steps as Sheryl is not as tech savvy as many of us here on TRF :)

My prayers and best wishes go out to Sheryl and to Bruce to make a speedy recovery. They should know that their family has brought much enjoyment to the rocket community through their rockets and have exemplified themselves in the way they do business. I have bought a few rockets from them last year, and look forward to buying more.

My heart goes out to Sheryl. Hopefully Bruce can bounce back.

Also, thanks to Jim Flis for your work on updates & with Sheryl
It says something about our hobby when a competitor drops his work to help with a sick friend. What a great hobby!

Back