URRF II

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave I didn't think there was corn that tall out there... I thought the flood got it all, you need to rename it the corn seeker or something!

What makes it even more difficult is to find a green rocket with a green chute in a green cornfield.

View attachment 176820 View attachment 176821 View attachment 176822

That is exactly what I was talking about Dave...
You'd just about have to step on it to see it..
I'm in New Jersey..
Our farmer grows soybean.
the soybean fields become so dense with growth that you could literately step on the chute and not know it and walk right on by..
At that time of year it is quite common to temporarily loose a rocket and hope the farmer doesn't find it with the combine....

Teddy

Dave I didn't think there was corn that tall out there... I thought the flood got it all, you need to rename it the corn seeker or something!

Bill, after seeing corn and other crops less than a foot tall all weekend, I was very surprised when I poked through the edge of the woods and saw that cornfield. I actually said "Oh s__t! when I realized my rocket could be in there somewhere. And the stalks were all about 10-12 inches apart. I still managed not to wreck a single stock on my way through it.

I'm in New Jersey......

Teddy

Hey Ted,

I used to fly into Old Bridge airport (3N6) in my Mooney to visit another pilot friend who lived closeby. Nice area. I once took his ultralight for a flight around the area. Beautiful from the air at low altitude.

Wow that's too funny Dave..
I live 5 minutes up Englishtown Road from Old Bridge Airport..
Quite a few years ago I was interested in getting my pilots certificate
and went to Old Bridge Airport and Marlboro Airport
and they were both so bust they didn't have any instructors available
so it never happened,, just went by the wayside I guess.....

Teddy

Back