URRF II

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Range duty sign up is available. Please take this opportunity to sign up for a shift now that you want..... Or we will assigning one for you hahahahahahaahaha! Only kidding. www.urrf.org

I'm booked at the Canandaigua Motel, but may have to cancel depending on dates for my father-in-law's 60th birthday. Here's hoping....

Do you have to be a member of NAR or Tripoli to be able to launch? asking because I am trying to get my grandfather to build an Estes Argent to fly as his first rocket. I know....I know.... you should have previous experience to build an pro series 2 kit especially if it is going to be your first rocket but I will be helping and being there with him throughout the whole build to make sure everything is done right. Anyone? if so he will be paying flight fees.

Yes I got the part that he would have to pay the range fees bit would he have to be a member of tripoli or NAR?

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

Actually the rules state that any adult 18 and older can purchase and fly up to a "g" motor without needing to be a NAR or Tripoli member. To fly anything bigger one must join Tripoli or the NAR to get certified to fly those bigger motors. So as long as your grandfather doesn't fly or want to fly anything bigger than a "G" then he does not need to join either organization. BUT it would be highly recommended that he does join one or the other since both Organizations provide insurance to their members for their rocketry hobby.
Also any adult who wants to fly at URRF 2 will have to pay the appropriate range fees since that allows the club to provide and maintain our range equipment for all your gracious use.
Thank you

Conner, Dutch is correct to fly larger than a G motor he would need to join one of the national organizations. Range fees for everyone over 18 is required. He can join TRA or NAR on the field.

He would only be flying f and G motors so there is no need to join an organization.

This is also probably just a one time thing for him as well. He likes to watch more than fly.

Connor the I/S staff lost the File that is the flight cards YEP its TRUE.. of course i need to make a new one and soon it will be.

We just got absolutely drenched here in Eastern NY, near Albany. Looks to be the same story in Potter. Anyone close to the field aware of its condition?

The weekend is looking decent. I'd say something else, but I don't want to risk it.

Where are you located????

I'm in Delmar..

It's supposed to be nice this weekend though.

Where are you located????

I'm in Delmar..

It's supposed to be nice this weekend though.

Ballston Lake, just North of Clifton Park.

And yes, it's supposed to be nice but let's not jinx anything.

The large down pours actually slid south of potter.
The field is awful when wet BUT it dry FAST, as an example on a Sunday mid may the whole area was under 6 inches of water wrecking a LOT of crops, by the next friday it was fine and we were flying on it. It really only takes a Day to dry to a bone! Thank GOD!!!

My list of goals for this launch includes NOT getting my van stuck to the axles in mud. Shockingly it only took a few hours to dry out enough to get it out (thanks again guys). The field really does drain fast.

The car is pretty much packed! Leaving tomorrow morning around 6:30AM, arriving (hopefully) around 9:30AM. My Mongoose should be on the pad by noon!

Great first day! I flew my Mongoose 54 around 12:30 on the 2550 L. I am a little disappointed as the rocket only hit about 14,000' and Mach 1.72 as the flight trajectory wasn't exactly vertical. Also, the booster separated and most likely augered in. I did find the nosecone and all electronics, so I had that going for me!

Here's the FIP file.

View attachment 6_27_14_Mongoose_L1730_URRF2.FIPa

Dan, need to make room for that Loki 54 mm x 4000 case.

JD

Great first day! I flew my Mongoose 54 around 12:30 on the 2550 L. I am a little disappointed as the rocket only hit about 14,000' and Mach 1.72 as the flight trajectory wasn't exactly vertical. Also, the booster separated and most likely augered in. I did find the nosecone and all electronics, so I had that going for me!

Here's the FIP file.

The best weather that I've seen in years!
I was able to get in 3 flights before I ran out of steam.
I flew my new Wildman jr twice on H and an I
Then I flew my 6" Mad Dog Blu on an M that turned out to be an M 2440.
It had a 3.3 sec burn with 7440 roughly according to MARSA 54
The rocket reached 9,903 via the MW RRC2+ and 9,891 from the MARSA 54.

Unfortunately, I left my camera at home. :(

JD

Here's my Ultimate Wildman's flight today on a CTI N1800 White. 12,351 ft and 1140 fps with a recovery mid-field about 1/2 mile out.

10468096_10202181799969554_7220097971467586071_n.jpg

Back