URRF II

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott S

Reaction score
Has a date been set for URRF II? Want to get it on the calendar. My son and I had a great time the first go round!

It has, and for the life of me I can't remember the dates. I'll ask Bill...

I'm hoping I can get the week off this year.

Last edited:
This launch is going to be my primary focus for 2014. Hope to bring plenty of Ns to burn!

URRF 2014 will be June 27 – 29, 2014
NY state schools decided to keep our kids in class for another week!

https://urrf.org

Thanks in Advance

Super launch site,,,,,,,,,,
insane waiver altitude,,,,,,,,,,
Fantastic host club,,, just a great bunch,,,,,,,,,,
Absolutely beautiful area,,,,,,,,,,
In expensive lodging close by the field,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well,,,, OK,,,,,maybe,,,,,if you insist............

Teddy

AND... thanks to the new ruling NAR only members can fly commercial motors!!

Hope to make it this year

AND... thanks to the new ruling NAR only members can fly commercial motors!!

Hope to make it this year

That would be cool if you could make it to URRF Les........
I'd enjoy meeting you there............

Teddy

Looking forward to it. I am working my way up to a 12K flight with my D4 there. Should have plenty of research motors to burn as well. I'll also continue the search for my Dark Star 4" Nose cone ended up in a tree and booster and payload disappeared over by the river. Rockets Magazine was kind enough to capture it all for me on the DVD. Nobody sets the mood for a really cool flight like Neil and Bob.

We should have our brand new Hydraulic tower put together by then............. OMG we better!

We have uni-strut coming out our uni-strut.
That tower is has uni-strut as the base we are working on a GOOD Adapter to 1515. The first tower had an adapter that was not Good.

Don't think I will make it this year as I am tentatively traveling out to Salt Lake for USLI and also going to LDRS which is practically in my back yard. However, I will say this is a great field and was well worth the 10 hour drive for me last year. Had a great time at what was a well run launch at URRF 1. Amazing that you can have such a high waiver and all that recovery area in such beautiful country. Reminded me a lot of Michigan except the hills are MUCH taller.

You can use 5/16" carriage bolts to secure 1515 to the back of unistrut. The MARS long 1515 rails are stiffened that way. The heads of the bolts slide into the channels of the 1515 no trouble, washer and nut on the inside of the unistrut.

N

Don't think I will make it this year as I am tentatively traveling out to Salt Lake for USLI and also going to LDRS which is practically in my back yard. However, I will say this is a great field and was well worth the 10 hour drive for me last year. Had a great time at what was a well run launch at URRF 1. Amazing that you can have such a high waiver and all that recovery area in such beautiful country. Reminded me a lot of Michigan except the hills are MUCH taller.

Dave, who is gonna make the next tshirt idea??

BTW.... you better come!!

You can use 5/16" carriage bolts to secure 1515 to the back of unistrut. The MARS long 1515 rails are stiffened that way. The heads of the bolts slide into the channels of the 1515 no trouble, washer and nut on the inside of the unistrut.

N

our tower has unistrut welded directly to tower, the 1515 is just adaption down. We have attached uni-buttons to the back of 1515, what we are working on is a highly over complex machined quick release clamp to hold it down.

our tower has unistrut welded directly to tower, the 1515 is just adaption down. We have attached uni-buttons to the back of 1515, what we are working on is a highly over complex machined quick release clamp to hold it down.

Is there an over-under on the maximum altitude that will reach someday? I will take 2175'.

Dave, who is gonna make the next tshirt idea??

BTW.... you better come!!

Eeehhh...maybe. You see, I have a new job which starts Monday and is also a very good thing but that may put a pretty big damper on rocket trips. It's a small sacrifice IMHO but after this year I should have a lot more time for rocket roadys...

Tee shirt idea? Why not keep running with the theme from last year: Hillbilly + Alien with coveralls. Quote under hillbilly says, "So, y'all from Urrf too?"

I donno...seems funny to me anyways.

Tee shirt idea? Why not keep running with the theme from last year: Hillbilly + Alien with coveralls. Quote under hillbilly says, "So, y'all from Urrf too?"

urrf too? wasn't that a bad tv series?

SuperStock_4093-11954.jpg

Well crap. Wife and I committed to going on a family cruise with her family a few months ago. Dates have been finalized now, and the cruise is 6/28-7/3. What a bummer.

I will be there! Looking forward to it. Got some new builds in the works that I want to have done by then. *Countdown Started*

Matt

Well crap. Wife and I committed to going on a family cruise with her family a few months ago. Dates have been finalized now, and the cruise is 6/28-7/3. What a bummer.

Aw mannnnnnnnnnn,,,,,,,,,
What are the chances of that,,,,,,,,,,
That really is a bummer Dan..........
I wish you were going................

Teddy

Is the waiver expected to be the same this year?

I may make a really nasty little O for my Sprite this year... Perhaps I'll also make something to go higher if the waiver is there.

Gerald

I may make a really nasty little O for my Sprite this year... Perhaps I'll also make something to go higher if the waiver is there.

I'd expect it to be, but don't quote me. We fly every month with that, so I wouldn't anticipate an issue. (urrf.org header still says 24K as well)

Gerald
15k MSL standing with windows to 24k MSL that is 22,500 AGL
I can be quoted on that :)

Just made reservations at the campground for URRF 2 !!!!
Looking forward to the launch!!

Great site!!!
Great group of organizers!!!
LOTS OF FUN !!!!

I booked the hotel about 2 weeks ago. This time I was able to get a room in much closer Canandaguia. ( some day I'll learn to spell it correctly without having to use Google searc for it. Even Google didn't recognize it when I pasted it).
The newer Holiday Inn Exp wants double that of the Super 8.

I've have something in the works, just hope it comes together in time.

JD

Back