NYPOWER 2014 Moving to Memorial Day Weekend

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jderimig

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
NYPOWER 2014 moved to Memorial Day Weekend

MARS this year will be piloting a move of the famous and long running NYPOWER regional launch to Memorial Day weekend.

The benefits are:
  • Much more recovery area - no crops - just dirt
  • Holiday weekend -
  • Mowed grass

This will be a 3-day launch but we have not decided if it should be Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon. Any comments on this would be welcome even if you are not planning to attend.

More info will follow in this TRF section and the MARS website.

Book now.... :) The other Canadians (Wagstaff, Mitchell, Zacher, Campbell) like the Crest Hill in Avon. I think Teresa is on a first name basis with the owner. Nothing fancy, but the price is certainly right.

N

Ok the voting is in, from both forum, pms and email to previous attendees.

3 to 1 in favor of Sat-Mon. NYPOWER 2014 will be May 24-26.

Rich!!! You ever get the Flying Traffic Barrel of Death back in flying shape?

I took twelve years off but I'm back. Planning on finally going L3, but not for a year. You ever see Elijah Bruin?

Rich took the photos, but the FTBOD belonged to me. I still have the barrel, along with a spare. All it needs are supports to remount the ring fin. I've been thinking about resurrecting it for NSL in Muskegon.
I have a family reunion in the Reading PA on Sunday of the Memorial Day Weekend, so maybe I'll swing by NYPOWER for old time sake. It's been a number of years since I've flown anything, too.

Mark Simpson
NAR 71503 L2

Sorry Mark, of course that was your rocket. Time blurs the memory, but my memory of that field is still clear in my mind. In fact, that whole part of the State was absolutely beautiful. Elijah took me around a little ad I got to walk through a couple of State Parks like the Milk Run State Park and, of course, Gennesseo was picturesque.

Would love to make another trip out to NYPower but doubt I ever will be able to swing it.

Rich took the photos, but the FTBOD belonged to me. I still have the barrel, along with a spare. All it needs are supports to remount the ring fin. I've been thinking about resurrecting it for NSL in Muskegon.
I have a family reunion in the Reading PA on Sunday of the Memorial Day Weekend, so maybe I'll swing by NYPOWER for old time sake. It's been a number of years since I've flown anything, too.

Mark Simpson
NAR 71503 L2

Back