"Peacemaker" - Flight Report

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I painted the fin tips and I'm pretty happy with it. I think it ties it all in much better.
DSC08193.jpg

I also got a few close ups of the fincan.
DSC08194.JPG

You can see the ridge created by the T2T here. I blended it pretty well but it's still noticeable from some angles

DSC08195.JPG

Alex

Yep, painting those tips did the trick. Very nice.
Funny how such a little detail can make a big difference, ain't it?

s6

Oh look it's painted!

1617439_523820727731151_1902974153_o.jpg

Rustoleum 2x Gloss black and Rustoleum 2x Gloss Yellow.
I tried to do a "fading diamonds" pattern but it didn't turn out very good. Oh well. I should have added more diamonds and spaced them better. I guess It'll have to do.

But Alex! You didn't use high temp paint blah blah Rustoleum blah Barbeque Blah Chicken Strips Blah Blah
Shut up. I know. It's always been a dream of mine to burn the paint off a rocket. What a great opportunity.

Enjoy.

Alex

Nice paint job, look at this way. When the paint burns away you get to re-paint it to how you wanted it :).

Alexander Solis

Level 1 - Mariah 54 - CTI-I100 Red Lightning Longburn - 6,345 Feet

Little taste of what's to come.
10007360_10202001792862215_5448334043875450665_o.jpg

Not sure of how much I should say. Aidan might be able to give you the details.

Alex

Little taste of what's to come.
10007360_10202001792862215_5448334043875450665_o.jpg

Not sure of how much I should say. Aidan might be able to give you the details.

Alex

Uhmmmm. Alex...I uhhh.... Don't really know how to break this to you....but...hmmmmm...well....the motor is supposed to face the other direction.

Better luck next time.

LOL

OMG I think bandman is on to something! You might not be in for an altitude record. Try it the other way around. It couldn't hurt.
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

here's a video of the test. this was on the 19th at the Tripoli Reno launch at White Lake. Along with the motor that will be for myself and alex's rockets, I tested a 6grain 38mm J with the same propellant. If you want more details PM me.

[video=youtube;nGNCaTzc1-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGNCaTzc1-Y[/video]

E-Charge testing time! Since this is a high altitude project, I'll be containing my BP in rubber surgical tubing. I'll be test flying this weekend on a G or H motor, so I needed to test today. The first test was .25g. That seemed a little wimpy so the next was .5g. Video below.

[video=youtube;hbTpJUdMKH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbTpJUdMKH8[/video]

Alex

Alex, do you plan to test the tracker this weekend as well?

Joe

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum
Joe, I wasn't planning on it but if you'd like to help me out I would love to. Unfortunately, I still dont have my HAM but with you helping I dont think I'd need to. PM me or add me on Facebook if you want to talk more.

Alex

Good luck with the flight Alex, post a shed load of pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I came, I flew I conquered.
Proud to announce a 100% perfect test flight.
An Aerotech H123W took her to 2288' (according to the RRC3). I popped the main at apogee and I recovered her about 500' away from the launch site despite high winds.
The first time I went out to the pads I freaked out because my altimeter wasn't turning on. I ran back to my table and dissected my altimeter bay to find that the wiring to my switch had come loose. Thanks to Kenstarr for lending me that incredibly tiny screwdriver. I fixed the AV bay and ran back out.
Flawless flight. Straight up with little weathercocking and a short walk. Just what I wanted for a test flight.
Pics below. Video coming tomorrow.
DSC09964.jpg
DSC09983.jpg
DSC09968.jpg
DSC09984.jpg
DSC09981.jpg
DSC09982.jpg

Alex

Last edited:
My only question is what is with the blue tape on the rocket while its inside of the launch tower?

Everything looks great though, I am excited for the real test.

I am so jealous of you guys out west. Your launch site looks phenomenal. Congrats on you shakedown flight. Nice looking rocket!

My only question is what is with the blue tape on the rocket while its inside of the launch tower?

Everything looks great though, I am excited for the real test.
The tape was to keep my twist and tuck wires from touching prematurely. Right after that photo was taken I removed the tape and armed my altimeter.
I am so jealous of you guys out west. Your launch site looks phenomenal. Congrats on you shakedown flight. Nice looking rocket!
Thanks!

Alex

Makes sense thanks!

Is that first picture after the launch it looks like the fincan has some rail burn.

Looks like Christmas has come early and you won't have to wait till tomorrow for the video.

[video=youtube;xIxGpmvuORk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIxGpmvuORk[/video]

Alex

Latest posts

Back