GWIZ LC Arming Switch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hball55

Reaction score
I am looking for someone who has a gwiz with an arming switch because I have no clue as to where to solder one on.100_0083.jpg100_0072.jpg

Last edited:
you have been gone awhile. I though I was the only one still using one. You have a few options.

1. Cut the red wire (Yep red..not like the movies say never do!) and put a switch on those 2 wires.
2. Same as above..but leave out the switch and go with twist and tape method
3. Gets a little weird in that you can use 2 other 9v battery clips and build a switch in between the battery and G-Wiz 9v battery clip. This one you have to think about wire colors and what connecting 2 clips together does to what's now ground and hot.

Tony

you have been gone awhile. I though I was the only one still using one. You have a few options.

1. Cut the red wire (Yep red..not like the movies say never do!) and put a switch on those 2 wires.
2. Same as above..but leave out the switch and go with twist and tape method
3. Gets a little weird in that you can use 2 other 9v battery clips and build a switch in between the battery and G-Wiz 9v battery clip. This one you have to think about wire colors and what connecting 2 clips together does to what's now ground and hot.

Tony

Thanks Tony, you make it so simple, I like cutting red wires. Run the battery end to the switch and then run a wire back to the gwiz end of the cut wires. I have one of those 110/220 switches Missile Works sells.

I didn't remember buying the gwiz until I got back into rocketry and opened the av bay on a rocket I hadn't completed. I'm completing it now, it's a 4" Pac 3 from Yank Enterprises. Just using the accelerometer for apogee deployment.

I went out to make some rocket parts for a rocket that got munched last year. I found the parts already all made up..looks like I forgot I had already made them. We're getting to be "that age" too!

Tony

Back