Open Rocket 13.11.1 won't open previous saved files on a Mac?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyeguy41

Reaction score
I have been using Open Rocket for some time now with great success and finally downloaded the newest version but ran into some issue with all my previously saved and working files.
When I attempt to open any of the files the program freezes up and won't respond. I get the spinning color wheel of death and have to force quit the application in order to get out of it.
Has anyone else had this experience or can you offer some advice as to what is going on and what I need to do to correct the issue. I am using OS X Version 10.9.
Thanks.

13.11.1 runs fine with OS X 10.7.5 under Java 1.7_45. I have yet to upgrade to Mavericks though.

A couple of questions:

1. What version of Java are you running?
2. Did the previous version of OR run on Mavericks and on the same version of Java you're running now?
3. Related to #2, when you upgraded to Mavericks did you lose your installed Java and have to re-install it?

Doug

1. Java 7 Version 45
2. I have not been able to get it to run on Mavericks, and I am unsure at this point which Version of Java it was.
3. I may have lost it but it has been reinstalled.

I have also tried an older version, 13.5 and still no luck.
I am thinking that it does not run in Mavericks.

I tend to think it might be a security/permission issue. I think I remember others in the forum indicating they're running on Mavericks.

Doug

I finally upgraded to Mavericks (10.9.1) and Open Rocket runs perfectly fine using Java 1.7_45.

Doug

I've had issues with Java 1.7_45 and Mavericks, but deleting the Java file and running Java 6 works fine.
The problem is that the Java plug-in was sandboxed to run only on Safari or web browsers, but shut down when not online. I suppose it was to shut any backdoors that Java was vulnerable.

Back