My Cats And Rockets.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cats used to hate me. Now they like me a lot.

I found this Japanese TV show where the host/main videographer guy goes around the world videoing outdoor-cats in beautiful places like the Aegean islands and Morocco. The videography is amazing, and the host guy is universally loved by cats. They just come up to him and sit on his knee sometimes. It's too good.

oooo what's this show called? you might have guessed from my forum name that i'm totally a cat guy!! dogs are "ok" but i have no interest in a slobbery pooch when you can have cute fluffy, and yes, ornery cats!!

oooo what's this show called? you might have guessed from my forum name that i'm totally a cat guy!! dogs are "ok" but i have no interest in a slobbery pooch when you can have cute fluffy, and yes, ornery cats!!

Iwagou Mitsuaki no Sekai Neko Aruki

Cats used to hate me. Now they like me a lot.

I found this Japanese TV show where the host/main videographer guy goes around the world videoing outdoor-cats in beautiful places like the Aegean islands and Morocco. The videography is amazing, and the host guy is universally loved by cats. They just come up to him and sit on his knee sometimes. It's too good.

It's amazing what you can get cats to do when you wash your pants in the "packed in water" water from a can of tuna.

One cat - loves anything that remotely resembles rubber bands or elastic. Not a problem with my rockets - the cat isn't allowed in the man cave. One dog - great one too. A Corgi. Smarter than I am sometimes. Then there's the 15 Chickens - they don't count though as they aren't allowed in the house - the cat would probably freak. Doctors have found that people who have "good" pets tend to live longer, so I guess that's the good news. The bad news is that they do tend to get expensive thereby cutting into the available cash for things rocket related - but hey - so do wives and children.....sigh......

hz3LICn.jpg

Just a taste...

Yep, Kat lover here, hence the nickname!!. I had the intense pleasure of working up close with the big cats for one summer. It was a blast.

9535_1044883499392_817642_n.jpg

9535_1044883459391_2228445_n.jpg

9535_1044883379389_5588691_n.jpg

Yep, Kat lover here, hence the nickname!!. I had the intense pleasure of working up close with the big cats for one summer. It was a blast.

Wow!That's pretty cool.
Those size Kitties would make short work of a Rocket!

Last edited:
Thanks! She's a Husky crossed with a Samoyed. I am indeed very proud of her.

Pretty dog! I thought I saw some Siberian Husky in there. We used to have a Husky long ago. For the past 20 years we have had all Bernese Mountain Dogs and Springer Spaniels. One of my other hobbies is AKC obedience competition.

We had 9 cats for a few weeks - Mama cat went out for a 4-day blitz starting New Years eve and came back knocked up. Fortunately, several of them were abducted by aliens and we only have 3 now.

The Hauptmann has been extremely naughty, bringing in live mice to play with for sporting fun and fresh meat if wanted. One was under the couch so I set out four traps with peanut butter. That night I heard a commotion in the basement. Went down the next morning to find two rockets knocked down but undamaged, three loaded traps, one empty sprung trap with no peanut butter, and one complete mouse carcass nicely laid out at the bottom of the stairs. With his complete disregard for any rabbit, mouse, or other critter I think I might start calling him Sturmbannfuhrer Kitty. He could not stand his authority being threatened by traps in his lair, so he let me know who was boss.

Last edited:

Awww!

It's funny how People who know me think I'm some kind of badass, toughguy or whatever. Maybe toward other People I can be, but Animals melt my Heart faster than a Blow Torch.
My hands are rough and scarred from Life, maybe that's why I can appreciate the softness of a Kitten so much.
Also, after the Army, at night, every little Noise would get me up to go investigate. Now that I have Cats, I just expect to hear noises in the night. Still don't sleep often, but when I do, it's good.

I am watching "My Cat From Hell" on Animal Planet right now. I realize that I really owe myself a Pat on the Back for being able to own 8 Cats, and to have them all get along well with each other.

We have two dogs that serve a specific purpose. One ball-bearing-less tom that keep us entertained, one pussy cat that's a hunter and another one that just takes up space.

I just built another "Cat Shelf" for my Cats today. I think that's why all 8 of them can get along so well in such a small House. I have Rafters, Lofts and various Cat Walks and Shelves I've put up for them so they can all get up high. Also, in the Laundry Room they have a bed on top of my Freezer.
There's plenty of places for them to claim. They seem to share those places well too. I even have an External Frame Backpack hanging from a Rafter in my Bedroom, and they crawl into that like it's some kind of Hanging Hammock.

I used to have several wonderful cats…man it was hard losing them. Now one of my daughters is allergic so no more kittehs here. I remember Tao liking to chew on certain balsa fins…she mangled a couple fin tips of of my oldest surviving rocket - an Alpha with a bizillion coats of dope. Always wondered if it was the wood or the butyrate. She never bothered anything else except string-like stuff.

I can go either way, cats or dogs, it don't matter! That said, dogs are a much more efficient rocket deystroying machines than cats but they do not hold a candle to a rabbit! Either way, ya gotta lov'em---H

We have two dogs that serve a specific purpose. One ball-bearing-less tom that keep us entertained, one pussy cat that's a hunter and another one that just takes up space.

Funny story, back in the college/frat days we had a scavenger hunt. On the list was a ball bearing mouse trap, we brought back a tomcat, we won!! Who new I'd fly one years later--gosh time flys!!-H

Funny story, back in the college/frat days we had a scavenger hunt. On the list was a ball bearing mouse trap, we brought back a tomcat, we won!! Who new I'd fly one years later--gosh time flys!!-H

Lolz, That's what we've called then since I was a kid, but didn't use those terms because I didn't think anyone would get it.

So what years and which carriers?

Got carried away with the hankerin' for buildin' some stuff and made another Cat Shelf.
Spoiled Critters!

My first cat once tried cleaning his claws on a sheet of balsa which landed on the floor, he made a cat toy of a Centuri Viking nose cone too.

Back