Super Dx3 Junior level 1 Cert.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice liftoff shots!

Well, the damage doesn't look all that bad really. It looks like you can be up and flying before long:)

Nate

+1. Awesome liftoff!

Except for the zipper, it looks like any damage is purely cosmetic. It can be annoying, but I'm not even sure it's possible to fly a rocket and not chip or scratch the paint...

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

time to revive an old thread. I plan on fixing the zipper this weekend. I am going to use the method with the parchment paper and epoxy and will use some black dye to dye the epoxy black to match the paint. it will then fly on September 21st at the CTRA-invitational on a Loki I316 spitfire. just have to see if I can get a motor case to borrow from somebody. more updates to come. this will also be flying on a dual deployment setup for the first time.

Now to fix the zipper. I'm using parchment paper and 30min epoxy. Quite simple just have to sandwich the epoxy between 2 pieces of parchment paper and tape over. I also used a sharpie to color the white black.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1411158456.138168.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1411158564.341890.jpg

Done

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1411158672.068615.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1411158702.736652.jpg

So LDRS is up and coming and figured I'd post whats going on with this rocket. I plan on flying this on a aerotech J825 38mm 1080 load. I'm predicting about M1 and 4500'. Should be a fun flight probably on Saturday before our OCF flight. I will be using my egg finder for tracking and my Eggtimer for dual deployment. Cant wait!! :)

Back