CJ's Black Sat. "JIMBO" Jart 4 in.DD in NC [or any Jart build!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
SEE POST #28 for pictures of the new JIMBO JART 4

THis Dual deploy out of the nose cone technique can be used on any size Jart with a spiral wound NC. Just add a vent band to shoulder!

Yes it is DD

Yes it is 99.00 [Black Friday only]

I have already built it & test flown, So Kevin will officially change the name from "which way will it go" to the Jimbo _______ rocket.

Ya'll have to wait till Sat AM when I post Pictures & the BUILD, including my "new & improved"

glue-less NC Avionics Bay. Yep Dual De-ploy..... out of the nose cone made stupid simple!

I will have pics up by start of Sale for your viewing pleasure. :cool:

Last edited:
Ya'll have to wait till Sat AM when I post Pictures & the BUILD, including my "new & improved"

glue-less NC Avionics Bay. Yep Dual De-ploy..... out of the nose cone made stupid simple!

Hmmm... Methinks I need to edit the description on this one to, "So simple, even CJ can make it work!" :D

-Kevin

hummm DD in the nose cone me thinks could be 3" Jart 54mm :santa-smile::santa-smile:

Hmmm... Methinks I need to edit the description on this one to, "So simple, even CJ can make it work!" :D

-Kevin

Yes Kevin.....not a bad idea........ & the GLUE pictured to make it all possible?

Guess what .....I MADE sure it was stronger than DIRT .....just in case you decide to build one!:wink:

Just getting the frame work set for my newest build thread. Yes it is a rocket being sold on Wildman's Black Sat. Tomorrow. Yes it is Black Yes it is DD Yes it is 99.00 I have already built it & test flown, So Kevin will officially change the name from "which way will it go" to the Jimbo _______ rocket. Ya'll have to wait till Sat AM when I post Pictures & the BUILD, including my "new & improved" glue-less NC Avionics Bay. Yep Dual De-ploy..... out of the nose cone made stupid simple! I will have pics up by start of Sale for your viewing pleasure. :cool:

Regardless of whether or not I am fast enough to snap up the above mentioned "deal", I look forward to your build, I always learn something new studying your build threads. Who knows if I end up with one, a certain raven and some recently acquired "bests" may find there way in there.

Maybe yes............. Maybe No? ............ maybe, maybe!

I shouldn't being doing this......oh what the heck. it's less than 24 hrs, so sue me!

1 + ? = ?

No more teasers for a few hours.....just try & guess!

DSCN2832.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe yes............. Maybe No? ............ maybe, maybe!

I shouldn't being doing this......oh what the heck. it's less than 24 hrs, so sue me!

1 + ? = ?

No more teasers for a few hours.....just try & guess!

Brake line recommended for 2-stage rockets, or possibly airstarts. ;-)

The centering rings in the back look like 54-38mm centering rings...

Finally- a rocket with brakes. I've been waiting for this a long time. ABS? Prevents those jarring stops on the playa. I get so tired of depending on parachutes. Whooppee!

withdrawing my Jart guess , too much tube left not seeing tailpipe

withdrawing darkstar too , too much pipe left before aft fin

Last edited:
Two-stage Jart 4" and DD via the nosecone?!? Now THAT would be cool...definitely Jart/Darkstar fins and it looks like 4" airframe. Not sure why else the brake line would be needed other than two stage or airstart.

I just used CJ's brake line trick to be airstart conduit for a 4x29mm MMT scratch build--worked very nicely.

I am not a good guesser...but always floored with the reveal.

Looks black..I like black, but almost wish they had traditional not black mmt .

Can't wait to see the build.. I need all the extra pics and detail CJ shares !

Kenny

Yep it's the NEW 4in Jart or as I like to call it the......... "Jimbo Jart!" :dark:

99.00 BS special sale!

22 inch airframe with 2 inch vent band + 24.5in spiral wound Von Karman nose cone = a 48in JIMBO JART 4 :dark:

4ft tall :dark:
4 in diameter :dark:
54mm motor holder!
Dual Deploy
8in NC shoulder/Av-bay.....removable!

Aluminum :y: stepped bulkplates for the nose cone Av-bay.

The one shown is prototype, the vent band is raw & BP's are raw Al.

B Sat Kit is all black and BP's are black anodized .

The perfect size for fabulous flying fin-diverious fun!

Make it the #1 seller this Black Sat.:dark:

DSCN2844.jpg

DSCN2922.jpg

Last edited:
First thing you will notice on ALL the Black Saturday kits is new CR's.

Cut on Tim's new CNC..... they fit perfectly. Just a tad of sanding to remove the tabs from machining.
DSCN2845.jpg

They fit right in airframes & over motor mounts right out of the package.DSCN2849.jpg DSCN2851.jpg

30 seconds of clean up sanding the tiny tabs & your done. Be careful not to over due it!

DSCN2852.jpg

Next thing new are the Aluminum BP's

DSCN2853.jpg

There are no holes drilled in them. But there is a centering recess a few thousandths so you can easily line up/DSCN2854.jpg place eye-bolts, U-bolts, tie rods where you want them/ to fit your existing sleds etc.

Back