GOT MYSELF IN REALLY BIG TROUBLE!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve done it now! I went and committed the ultimate rocketry sin. The rocket gods are gonna chew me up and spit me out. And then I’m gonna burn under eternal shuttle booster thrust. I just couldn’t help it. I sold precious hours for this! Now I’m gonna pay for it I guess. Took me 2 hours to get this far. I still have to sell hours to get the rest of it done. Oh woe is me.

:cry:

View attachment 155074

HOLY CRAP!!!

You can see your workbench?
:)

What's that big horizontal brown thing? I think I used to have one of those somewhere.

I call mine a shelf. Did you have a long brown horizontal thing with a special name?

HOLY CRAP!!!
You can see your workbench?:)

I know. So can those wispy ghost-like apparitions flying around in my house....
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Gary,Gary,Gary. Those whispy ghost thingies are just ferments of your ima-gin-ation. A quick sacrifice of a tube or two to the rocket gods will set everything straight, have no fear. And if you should happen to nick yourself with your X-acto blade just enough to cause a little redness to come out you will be doubly blessed by them. Blood sacrifices work every time :grin:

:roll::point::rofl::clap::roll:

And it is well known they cause ales-heimers. :cheers:

LW, yew is a baaaad ole pooty tat! Aditat2, my brain ain't fermenting. It's already brewed! That being said, unless you know how to exorcize harmful deities from someones home.....................I ain't big on blood sacrifices or tube massacres.. Oh S**T! There went another one!

I’ve done it now! I went and committed the ultimate rocketry sin. The rocket gods are gonna chew me up and spit me out. And then I’m gonna burn under eternal shuttle booster thrust. I just couldn’t help it. I sold precious hours for this! Now I’m gonna pay for it I guess. Took me 2 hours to get this far. I still have to sell hours to get the rest of it done. Oh woe is me.
Gary, don't sweat it, storing your Titebond upside down is not a sin. Storing your urine samples in plain sight on a shelf in your rocket shop, however... :eyepop:

Gary, don't sweat it, storing your Titebond upside down is not a sin. Storing your urine samples in plain sight on a shelf in your rocket shop, however... :eyepop:

Ah, that would be the fuel for that other naked rocket on the bench. It is loaded with siren whistles and it's called The Whizzler.

Well, at least your workbench doesn't come with its own "throne". However with that Whizzler, perhaps it should.

Last edited:
... I was begining to think I was weird.

Dude, have you seen your avatar ? :duck: :wink:

Gary, kudos to you sir; the job gets done twice a year at my house. This year the rocket gods demanded a 24/40 casing of me which I still hope to find in our field now that winter is almost here.

Dude, have you seen your avatar ? :duck: :wink:

Gary, kudos to you sir; the job gets done twice a year at my house. This year the rocket gods demanded a 24/40 casing of me which I still hope to find in our field now that winter is almost here.

That bench hasn't been that clean since I migrated to that room back before November of 2011. I have of course tidied it up on occasion and did some basic cleaning but never strip cleaned it. There was dust on everything, little bits of worn out sandpaper, little sticks and such, pieces and parts that really should have been thrown away a long time ago. The rocket gods were reasonably quiet around here so I spoze is was cluttered enough to their liking, but I definitely pizzed em off this time. I'm afeared to get the rest of the room done now.

I know, I know....I dug up one of my old threads, but I felt the need to satisfy a some curiosities. #1) That yellowish fluid in the jars is kerosene. I use it to clean my paint brushes. One is for the sanding sealer brush and the other for when I use Testor's paint. #2) Those ghostly apparitions no longer bother me. After I got my building mojo back, I have learned to keep my bench no cleaner than this.

100_0977.jpg

I would need at least a day to get my work area that clean. If it could be done in a day

I would need a day to find my workbench before I could start cleaning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

My 10x9 workshop has gotten so cramped that this happened on Monday ... Additional 45SF on the way in the Spring...
IMG_2618.jpgIMG_2619.jpg

Poor me. I have a small spot in the basement for storage. My work area is a folding table that I also take to launches. I throw a piece of glass on it (from a thrown-away end table) to epoxy on. My one-car garage has a car and a motorcycle in it. My laundry room has baby/toddler stuff that we just haven't been able to get rid of, and the remains of my recording studio, all boxed up in the corners and on shelves. I wish I had a workbench! :drool:

I like Busch. And it's cheaper than Budweiser.

I have a sneaky feeling you're going to wish you had made that a lot bigger.

Can't go any bigger without major work (and offending She who must be obeyed) - I am, however, squirreling away stuff like kits in the other shed. And in the house. And other places... :blush: My house is a total of 1,200 SF. My (heated) shed will be about 10% of the house size...

I have the biggest mess on my worktable.Got yelled at by my wife the otherday.Does not bother me,I just don't go anywhere near it.I should make an effort to clean it a bit.Mybe next week.Mybe not.Life's to short for small problems like this.

Just saying... If I posted a picture of where my workbench is apparently supposed to be (not sure, I would have to have a bulldozer move a few tons of stuff) then you guys would see that all of your benches look like BLAME MUSEUMS!!! :)

I think a good bottom line here about messy work benches/spaces could be, WHY CLEAN IT ALL PRISTINE WHEN I'M JUST GONNA DESTROY IT ON THE NEXT BUILD! I suppose if you know you're going to be taking a break or know you're going to be away from the bench for a good stretch, Cleaning it up is in order. That way when you get back to working it again, everything will be in it's place. Or kind of.

Back