Where do the models come from?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lvgdgts

Reaction score
Until I started coming here, I had no idea there were so many different model rocket manufacturers. Obviously, most of them are relatively small operations.

As I look at different sites, I see a large variety in models showing off the rockets. Some shots look very professional, and some look more casual. So the question is, where do the rocket models (not model rockets) come from? Are they real models who are paid? Are they family members? Do they work for the company? A mix of all of the above? My curiosity has gotten the better of me.

Until I started coming here, I had no idea there were so many different model rocket manufacturers. Obviously, most of them are relatively small operations.

As I look at different sites, I see a large variety in models showing off the rockets. Some shots look very professional, and some look more casual. So the question is, where do the rocket models (not model rockets) come from? Are they real models who are paid? Are they family members? Do they work for the company? A mix of all of the above? My curiosity has gotten the better of me.

I've always figured they were either employees, family members or friends. Professional models? LOL

If they were all professional models, the people, not the rockets, you could add at least $10 to every kit. Isn't that what family and friends do?

Mike

Most appear to be family/friends. I'd wager some of the more professional shots could involve "stock photos" of models and some photo shop.

Be careful not to go looking for the websites where there are two or three rocket models together. Sometimes they are prepping, or launching, or even landing.

Or even the sites where there are a whole bunch of rocket models.....

My ex wife did some modeling for Jack at whats up hobbies. He just saw her one day at a launch and said "hey you wanna model with ine of my new kits?" the next month she did and we all ate bbq for free that 3 day launch in exchange. Now everytime I go to a launch I have to see her on the big bubba kit boxes, and she also made it on the cover of our club sign in sheet binder, oh well.

I was actually quite disappointed the first time I ordered a Model Rocket online!

The rocket showed up as promised, but not the Model. I think it's false advertising.

Just think how I felt when I first visited the new Virgin Megastore in town.

-- Roger

Were all the virgins like this?

[video=youtube;cmN2cVOr5W4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmN2cVOr5W4[/video]

Well, some of those virgins were into model rocketry, hence the relevance...

Back