Jawstand Launch Rail Finished

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmike2k3

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of my new launch rail mounted on a Jawstand. I used 2 four foot section of 1010 rail joined by the appropriate connectors on the 3 "non-rockety" sides in the hopes of making it more portable. I took extra care to ensure that I lined up the rails so the rockets don't get hung up when launching. I hope to launch the
Leviathan in the picture and the my Nike Smoke each for the first time this weekend when I head up to my inlaws' farm... Let me know what you think!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks nice, I like your blast deflector. You might want to get it a bit more vertical before you push the button.

Looks nice, I like your blast deflector. You might want to get it a bit more vertical before you push the button.

And turn the feet 180*. You have all the weight on the weaker side of the support. Nice launch pad though. I like it.

you may also want to consider taking off the black bumper plates to ensure they don't get scorched. :y:

Cool beans! - Blast deflector looks good too.

Let us know how the 2x4' sections work out. Easy transport for an 8 foot rail is a plus as long as no issues with snagging (shouldn't be) and not too much of a hassle for setup/take down.

Back