• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CJ's WaCkY WeD..Doing dual deploy, ya need these.[Reduced price-increase quantity]

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sambuca shots:):):):)

[video=youtube;p0JpPZ4EoVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0JpPZ4EoVc[/video]

Galliano......

I was making Russian Roulette's, a dangerous drink concoction of my own design. [Many years ago I was a famous mixologist ]

RR:

Shot glass
Lemon Wheel
Ice cold Stoly vodka
Galliano
grenadine
sugar
151 rum

In shot glass pour 3/4 freezing cold vodka
add 1/4 Galliano
Set lemon wheel across top of shot glass

pour sugar on lemon wheel [this is to hold the 151 in place so it doesn't run off edges]

Float 151 onto sugar
add 1 drop of grenadine to center of wheel [represents the bullet hole]

Light 151 on fire, let burn 10-12 sec extinguish, suck the lemon [like doing tequila]

Down the shot....... it's not a drink.... it's an out of body experience.

I was showing off and used ejection starter to light rather than a match.LOL Must have spilled some on your box!

True Story: At the peak of my bar- tending career , went to Disney on vacation. Went up to top of the world bar in Contemporary Hotel. [one then Monorail runs through]
After couple drinks at the bar, one of the staff recognized me, from being in my workplace when he was visiting Savannah.
He insisted I make the rest of the crew Russian R's........

......so I did.... this was during Cocktail hour 5-6....by 7 when the dinner crowd began to arrive, The Hotel manager stopped by..with me BEHIND his bar making drinks, and a fairly intoxicated crew and guests, having too good a time for a 4 star joint.

They were sent home, I was lead out and asked not to return.LOL

Ah yes....Russian R's don't make one unless prepared for a game changing experience.:smile:

Galliano......

I was making Russian Roulette's, a dangerous drink concoction of my own design. [Many years ago I was a famous mixologist ]

RR:

Shot glass
Lemon Wheel
Ice cold Stoly vodka
Galliano
grenadine
sugar
151 rum

add 1/4 Galliano

pour sugar on lemon wheel [this is to hold the 151 in place so it doesn't run off edges]

Float 151 onto sugar

Light 151 on fire, let burn 10-12 sec extinguish, suck the lemon [like doing tequila]

I was showing off and used ejection starter to light rather than a match.LOL Must have spilled some on your box!

True Story: At the peak of my bar- tending career , went to Disney on vacation. Went up to top of the world bar in Contemporary Hotel. [one then Monorail runs through]
After couple drinks at the bar, one of the staff recognized me, from being in my workplace when he was visiting Savannah.

......so I did.... this was during Cocktail hour 5-6....by 7 when the dinner crowd began to arrive, The Hotel manager stopped by..with me BEHIND his bar making drinks, and a fairly intoxicated crew and guests, having too good a time for a 4 star joint.

Ah yes....Russian R's don't make one unless prepared for a game changing experience.:smile:

You need to make me one down in Orangeburg sometime:p

This will be added to my drink book and evaluated soon (need to pick up some Galliano). Being an ex-bartender (must be a surname thing) I'm up for trying anything once...and then twice...then maybe again, just to make sure....etc

-brant

Galliano......

RR:

Shot glass
Lemon Wheel
Ice cold Stoly vodka
Galliano
grenadine
sugar
151 rum

add 1/4 Galliano

Float 151 onto sugar

That was a RR I made you! That's the problem, remembering.....after you have one!

Gotta love a yard sale thread that go from helping out fliers through the starter shortage & degrades into an alcohol mixology reference. God I love this place.......

Test tube babies anyone ?

By the way I have some XXX moonshine, the best you have EVER tasted,......smooooooth, I will be bringing to MWP along with my trademark Grog.

Friday night Drag race party we'll be flying high!!!!@#$@

Reminds me of the bar I worked....."COWBOYS"..... Firewater -Fast woman- old Whiskey

NOW LONG size added see post# 86. page 3

Yep it's time for a WAcky wED. SaLe! [Yes I still have these as of November 2014]

If you have a need for ejection charge lighters....have no fear...CJ is here to the rescue!:grin:

Seems if you have been using these Q2G2: [click to enlarge]
View attachment 154499 View attachment 154498

there might be a shortage.:y: Even so I have the real ....deal at a better bargain!
[click to enlarge]
View attachment 154496 View attachment 154497

These are 11.5 inches long and are low current. Your continuity test will not fire them.

Good
24 units for 18.00 shipping & paypal +4.00 [tracking included on all shipments!]
total 22.00

Better
48 units for 36.00 + 5 for sh & pp

total 41.00

Best
75units for 50.00 +8.00 sh & PayPal

58.00 Total

Current/voltage requirements:

[click to enlarge]

View attachment 154501

PM with what you want

Name
address & zip

I will invoice you & give PP account so you can pay. shipped within 24 hrs & tracking included after receipt of funds.

DISCLAIMER: MANY of you have dealt with me in the past & know how fast my turn around times are. If you are new and wonder about me, look up under good/bad buyers thread at top of page. :smile:

Jim, I see you've edited the original post to say you still have these as of November 2014. Any of the longer DD charge activators available?

Out of curiosity, are these suitable for starting a stubborn Aerotech motor? I have one that ate three of those $%^& stock starters.

"these?"

There are 5 items in this thread. There are pictures and descriptions throughout the pages.
2 are ejection related
3 are motor ignition

Which "these" are you talking about?

The motor "these" will light ice cubes, and are better replacements for "those" by a long shot. LOL
The ejection "these" , which Old Dude inquired about above will not, but they will light BP motors & BP clusters

What size motor? [I can then send you a PM that may help ]

Out of curiosity, are these suitable for starting a stubborn Aerotech motor? I have one that ate three of those $%^& stock starters.

I was a launch a couple of months ago where an engine had failed to ignite a couple of times. I lent them a starter - one of Jim's - and it lit perfectly. I don't recall which brand but I think it was AT.

I have used Jim's motor igniters for several 75mm and 54mm AT reloads. All motors ignited perfectly.
I also have used many of the ejection lighters and all have performed without problem.
I intend to keep using both. I highly recommend them.

StanO

The ejection "these" , which Old Dude inquired about above will not, but they will light BP motors & BP clusters

What size motor? [I can then send you a PM that may help ]

Hi Jim,

I am sold on these for DD. Will your ejection "these" fit into Estes D and E BP motors?

Yes they do [ejection]....and work quite well!

Especially for clustering BP,as they require so very little juice to work.

Last year to test....

Jon [Panther Jon here] and I used them on his "Tre Duex" rocket [not sure of name] it's my favorite cluster rocket he has.
I just love to watch this thing fly. It has 3 sets of Flis triple motor mounts angled.....from the Tres rocket he sells.

They are stacked from bottom up: 3 24mm mount......3 18mm mount..........3 13mm mount....total 9 engines all BP.

They were placed barely into the 13mm , more like over the nozzle hole and a small section of masking tape to hold in place.
The 18's were C's and the 24's were D's, they fit into the nozzle on those, once again tape to hold in place.

It was easy to connect all the leads due to length of wire [12 in.]

They [all 9] lit instantly, even though there were 3 different sizes! They were wired parallel [ one side of leads all twisted together, other side of leads same] each bundle hooked up to a pad clip.

I had been asked if they would work for BP motors & would not recommend them till I tried it my self. Yes they do, & I have many guys using them for that now......especially clusters.

Last edited:
Yes they do [ejection]....and work quite well!

SO as well as using the regular ejection starters for BP ...I also have these ,what I will call"2nds", even cheaper upon occasion.

Ya already know the drill on "new/perfect ones" ejection or BP motor..... but if interested in the 2nds for BP motor starting ONLY,.... PM me and I 'll let you know what's on hand, or can put you on waiting list till next time I sort through a few thousand.

Thanks Jim. Will get some in the near future. I have enough J-teks for ejection to last awhile but have been looking for Q2G2 replacement as they are frequently not available. Not really necessary for Estes BP, but for me, we have a short launch window and I often have 3-4 kids. Went out 3 x at last launch with ignition problem, although the problem was in the launch cables, not my igniters. Had two more ignition issues. Cost us a few flights at least. The more reliable ignition on the smaller stuff means that we can launch more = MORE FUN. Thanks again.

Could not reach you guys....just a note.
Your packages have been sent & should arrive Tues.
Thank you.

rderstadt

chickenman

By the way........ there are many others that look like these, but require more current to fire.
Here is my Punisher firing a set...only took .5amp . Barely a blip on the voltage chart.

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 4.34.17 PM.jpg

And another set of look a-likes, which I borrowed at another launch where I forgot mine. Same rocket, same altimeters.
They took 3 amps to fire. Quite a difference.

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 4.35.15 PM.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 261249

And another set of look a-likes, which I borrowed at another launch where I forgot mine. Same rocket, same altimeters.
They took 3 amps to fire. Quite a difference.

View attachment 261250

Those altimeter data traces probably do not tell how many amps it takes to fire. If the ematches have the same resistance (0.8-1.5ohms) they are all going to draw the same instantaneous current when turned on. The altimeter readings difference above is just sampling error probably. In your first flight the match probably went open faster preventing the altimeter A/D from making an accurate measurement. They (ematches) will all draw the same current.

Are these still available? I am looking for DD and use fuse blocks so I don't need long wires.

Thanks,

Simon

Yes they are, with new improved price & free ship.

24 ..... 18.00
50 ...........32.00

All ship free & PP included.

Updated prices on 1st post.

Last edited:
Thanks to Simon for bringing back this thread, it reminded me I need another batch of these for the next flying season.
Thanks to CJ for providing them at such a great price. PayPal sent.

Just ordered my third batch from Jim.
Such a reliable product I can't say enough good things about them.
Thanks again Jim.

Wow, that pic id really cool, ya must have a pretty darn fast trigger finger to catch that. Would you be interested in photoing some motor lighters for me. I would send you some freebies? Pm me.

Yeah many of these went to those who could not find any Q2's & they are much cheaper!

Will do Eric.

I will be at WinterNational G.R.I.T.S. with these, for those in need.
....................................................................................................................................

WAYCO.....

Wayne your PM box is full so:

today exp.delivery 01 30 14 Thursday

trk# 9114 9011 2308 6523 6687 79

Thank you,

Jim

Hello Jim. I would like to order some ematches from you. I was referred to you. Can you please give me more information as to how to go about that? Many Thanks

Back