Why you should finally finish that Cosmodrome Vostok kit sitting in your build pile,

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daddy,

I did indeed take the kit out of the bad several years ago !

It now resides in a large box........cause I cants get it back in the BAG !!

Me thinks the packaging department over at Cosmodrome is an ex watch maker and mosquito milker ! LOL

Paul T

Open the box! It is not Pandora's box. Rather, it is a box full of hours of Cosmodrome Vostok buildin' fun!

Daddy your Vostok looks awesome!! I like the "frost" scheme! and cool video!! that baby flew perfectly!!

Thanks. One of the younger guys used my new fancy phone for the video. Yep, the ladies like the frosty scheme over the all olive green unfueled version, and you get to keep a few decals that have been frosted over. Just like flying a Zooch only bigger!

Very cool build . Can't wait till they come back out . So I can buy one

According to the Cosmodrome website, they are available now.

I really need to get my marketing department to update the website. I have a batch of Vostoks about half completed but I'm out of some key parts. As soon as I get all caught up on current orders I'll start working on finishing these up.

In Russia high party officials wait years for motor car. Comrade Peoples wait years for bread toaster. Waiting for Vostok kit is part of the experience. Maybe look to black market?

Here is today's launch. On deployment the nose cone tangled a bit with the main chute shroud lines but that was fine, chute deployed and dissent speed was OK. Tremendous bad luck as again one of my rocket landed on the small strip of paved road. With all the nice soft dirt that paved road is like a magnet to my rockets. Nicks and dings as a booster cleanly broke off and bounced over to hit the back wheel of a bicycle who had stopped to watch on the side of the road. Not huge damage, easily repairable, just not my day at the range.

[video]https://youtu.be/jTh1wtBZUxE[/video]

Thanks to Redneck Pyro for the AWESOME video!!!

Last edited:
That indeed is an awesome rocket and you did a great job building it, I really want one.

TA

BOIL WATER!!!!
What do you take me for a professional chef?
Next you’ll expect me to be able to toast bread and spread butter on it.

What a great looking model, made even better because it flew successfully.

BOIL WATER!!!!
What do you take me for a professional chef?
Next you’ll expect me to be able to toast bread and spread butter on it.

What a great looking model, made even better because it flew successfully.

It takes many skills learned in Home Economics to build one of these. You are out of luck if you only took Math and Science and stayed away from the shop classes.

It takes many skills learned in Home Economics to build one of these. You are out of luck if you only took Math and Science and stayed away from the shop classes.

I knew I was wasting my time with all that math and science stuff.
As for Home Ec.
Back in my High School days, boys weren’t even allowed to take Home Economics.
I had to learn to cook the old fashion way by setting fire to the stove and burning down the house.

Which left me in good stead when I later took up rocketry as a hobby.
Got to love those flamey things.

I knew I was wasting my time with all that math and science stuff.
As for Home Ec.
Back in my High School days, boys weren’t even allowed to take Home Economics.
I had to learn to cook the old fashion way by setting fire to the stove and burning down the house.

Which left me in good stead when I later took up rocketry as a hobby.
Got to love those flamey things.

Burning down the house boiling water for paper shrouds is good experience for moving up to the carbon fiber curing ovens!:)

Back