"Darkrai" launch video

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atlasboy

Reaction score
Launched my Wildman Gizmo with DD option on Loki K960 on Sunday.

The K960 was amazing. Great flight. I'm still analyzing the data from the Telemetrum. My descent rate was slower than I expected from Apogee so my first thought was my main got pushed out then but eyes from the ground say they saw the second event and the main. This never occurred in any ground test.

If I conclude that did happen, what is the best way to deal with it? I've got three nylon shear pins. Maybe add two more?

Enjoy the video.[video=youtube_share;oomSng8HzPo]https://youtu.be/oomSng8HzPo[/video]

Launched my Wildman Gizmo with DD option on Loki K960 on Sunday.

The K960 was amazing. Great flight. I'm still analyzing the data from the Telemetrum. My descent rate was slower than I expected from Apogee so my first thought was my main got pushed out then but eyes from the ground say they saw the second event and the main. This never occurred in any ground test.

If I conclude that did happen, what is the best way to deal with it? I've got three nylon shear pins. Maybe add two more?

Enjoy the video.[video=youtube_share;oomSng8HzPo]https://youtu.be/oomSng8HzPo[/video]

Cool flight... whats the nose cone weigh? and how long are your shock cords??

Cone is 62 ounces. Shock cords are really long. I don't have them in the sim but at least 3x rocket length.

Yup. Arizona gets a bad rap! It is gorgeous on the right day and when it isn't cooking in the summer.

So, I've looked at the data. Pretty clear the main was out way up.

I think I'm going to add two additional nylons (total of 5). Sound like a reasonable solution or not? Thanks.

I would use a minimum of 30 ft of shockcord and be sure to ground test if you add more shear pins.

So, I've looked at the data. Pretty clear the main was out way up.

I think I'm going to add two additional nylons (total of 5). Sound like a reasonable solution or not? Thanks.

Back