Rocketry Warehouse - Sub-Lime (RKT-SL) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ostensibly the one rocket I came to launch was the recently built Sublime by Rocketry Warehouse and designed by Gary Tortora who is active here on TRF. Fretted most of Saturday worrying the parachute bundle was too long and the 3.5 grams of BP in the motor would not pressurize the long tubing and the large transition.

Oh and did I mention it fell over cracking loose the epoxy on the lower transition shoulder?? :facepalm::surprised::sad::bangpan::bangpan:
Well it was clean so I just sanded it back down thoroughly, and used a bunch of 15 minute epoxy and let it set. It was fine. My pride was more damaged than the rocket. I felt bad because a few people came to see it fly...

But as it turns out, I grew a pair :lol: and hauled it out to a far pad for the "Sunday Morning Wake Up Launch".

Yes I was still nervous... a lot... I had never bundled a chute that big (a Rocketman 84" (2.1m) in a 4" (10cm) tube)

I love it. Most people who saw it do. I think RW may sell a few more though most people seemed to want a 75mm mount. I sure they can get that if the Sim shows it stable.

Here it sits. In the nose is a Stratologger doing the tie wrap cutting via a (what else!) Archetype Cable Cutter. In the bottom is a CTI 1281-K360 cut to a 10 second delay. (That's right, 1ns over a 100% J) The 2 grams of BP in the K360 was supplemented by another 1.5 grams poured on top of the cap and taped over.

10803597776_058ac87ed2_b.jpg

Ok everyone... wake up!

10803849833_2a8ec08aa2_b.jpg

Closer crop:
10803854923_b392938347_b.jpg

It powered it's way on up to 2521' (768m).
10803737314_b9c0a2c4c8_b.jpg

All my fretting was for naught. The chute bundle ejected almost at apogee (certainly as it was arcing over) perfectly. HOWEVER... the main got loose and deployed right there and then! :facepalm: Well drats. That chute material is REALLY slippery and the burrito protector covered about 80% of the chute (bottom completely covered of course).

So I'll have to create a bigger protector that maybe I can tuck in both bottom and top... or something... anyways it was a gorgeous flight and safe. Just a really LONG walk (damn that 5* :wink:). Oh and the cutter? :lol: it worked perfectly. I saw it go off and sure enough the tie wrap was severed. ;) Oh well...

Post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Rocketry Warehouse Sub-Lime (RKT-SL) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Rocketry Warehouse and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Rocketry Warehouse: Sub-Lime: RKT-SL

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Rocketry Warehouse Sub-Lime (RKT-SL) Basic Information.

rocketry_warehouse.gif
Rocketry Warehouse

MODEL NAME: Sub-Lime Also known as:

NUMBER: RKT-SL

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Gary Tortora

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x54
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter: 5.5"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Just over 7 Feet Tall
No need for paint
Built Weight Just Over 13 Lbs
Dual Deploy standard
CNC Precision Cut Parts
CNC Precision Slotted
Flies on anything from I to L
Perfect for Level 2 (Rocketry Warehouse 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

rocketry%20warehouse-sub%20lime%20rktsl-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

rocketry%20warehouse-sub%20lime%20rktsl-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back