Centuri - Bandito (KA-7 or #5007) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solomoriah

Reaction score
If there's a thread for the Centuri Bandito, I can't find it. So here we go.

This one is a semi-clone made with Estes-sized parts. And no, it doesn't look quite right. One of these days I'm going to have to build another with parts from Semroc.

I have a page on this build, including a PDF for the fins, here: https://rocketry.gonnerman.org/bandito.html

attachment.php

bandito-sky.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This was the last rocket I started but never finished as a kid. It was put together but needed paint. Then Deidre B. did something new in the way she wore a sweater and I didn't do any more rockets until the early 90s.

I always regretted not finishing this one. For some reason, I really liked it.

Welcome to the Centuri Bandito (KA-7 or #5007) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri Bandito (KA-7 or #5007) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Bandito: KA-7 or #5007
New Century: Centuri Bandito Clone:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Bandito (KA-7 or #5007) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

MODEL NAME: Bandito Also known as:

NUMBER: KA-7 or #5007

Introduced: 1972
Final Year: 1981
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length: 15.5"
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: See it go... "Bandito"

The Streamlined Hot One!

A long, sleek dragster of the skies for fast getaways! The BANDITO features unique die-cut fibre-fins, folded to create strong, formed aerodynamic wedge-shapes. This fast, high-altitude sport rocket returns to earth by colorful drogue streamer, to assure safe recovery. With "quick-change" engine lock, custom decal, shiny chrome trim and no sanding sealing required, the BANDITO adds up to a hot little package of fun! (Centuri 1972 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

centuri-bandito%20ka7-1972%20cat.jpg
1972 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

centuri-bandito%20ka7-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
New Century Centuri Bandito Clone Basic Information.

new%20century%20logo.gif
New Century Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Centuri Bandito Clone Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced: 2006
Final Year:
Designer: Chris Gonnerman

Type: Sport, Clone
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Steamer
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Anyone wishing to build a clone of the classic Centuri Bandito (as I do) will need a fin pattern; since that rocket had paper fins, I created a handy PDF file suitable for printing on cardstock for just this purpose. Click here to download it.

The original Bandito consisted of a 3" long plastic nosecone (not counting the shoulder), an ST-73 for the engine tube (3" long #7 body tube, equivalent to Estes BT-20 tubing), an ST-79 (9" long #7 body tube) connected to it by a coupler that doubled as the thrust ring, and a relatively thick fiber lock ring to hold the engine hook in place. I think I will start with a BT-20 Estes kit like the Star Dart, which would get me some of the BT-20 needed; the retaining ring for the engine hook is mylar in those models, but I think I'll use it instead of buying an engine mount just to steal the ring. (New Century 2006 Blog Post)

Advertising Liveries

new%20century-centuri%20bandito%20clone-2007%20web.jpg
2007 Blog Post

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

new%20century-centuri%20bandito%20clone-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I have the decals all drawn and ready to print. I'll try to get the decals up on my web site tomorrow.

Bandito.JPG

Lots of interest in this one lately.
I've just released a BT-5 carded downscale of the BANDITO!

Bandito 20.jpg
BanditoJPEG.jpg

That JPEG above is not full size - don't try and build it from that file.

No color painting, except for the nose cone. Print, glue and fly!
A glue stick works best to attach the body tube wrap.
The 110 lb. card stock fins are plenty strong when glued and clear coated.
Flys great with 1/2A3-4t and A3-4t engines.

Email and request the FREE Bandito PDF at:
[email protected]

Last edited:
Hey, nice! Glad to see my retouched fin layout getting used. 110# paper worked pretty well for me, actually.

Back