How was your Secret Santa?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I never really got to RP so I didn't see what all went on there for the Secret S
Santa. I was hoping for a Squirrel Works Red Baron but when I opened the package I found a MEGA-BARON! Whoo hoo!

Thanks Secret Santa! I hope to build this AFTER I build a Quest Flat Cat for practice. Hopefully by early summer if I get off my backside and get moving on some projects.

Here is the sent and received list from RP. I helped Papa Elf a little by scanning the thread at RP and updating the list on 1/8/09.

n3tjm said:
Here is the official Sent/Received list. When you send your gift, let me know via here or my e-mail, when you get yours let me know too.
Please let me know your TRF Handle if different here when replying.
(update 1/20/09 8:00am est)

Ahansom sent received
AndyC2 sent received
BobCox sent received
Bonanza (hounddawgracing) sent received
Bravo52 sent received
caheaton sent received
chalinaty sent
CJAnderson sent received
cjl sent received
DanB sent received
DaveCombs sent received
Donaldsrockets sent received
Dr Wogz sent received
Dwolman sent received
Evil Ed sent received
foose4string sent
Ford Prefect sent received
Green Arrow sent received
GuyNoir sent received
Handeman sent received
Hospital Rocket sent received
Indiana sent received
jdud sent received
jflis sent received
jimn sent received
joecooler sent received
Johnnie sent received
kandsrockets sent
Kaycee sent received
KDRaven sent received
lmerdan sent received
Massrokit (RP-Questor) sent received
maxpower sent received
Mike Howie sent received
mjennings sent received
Mr. Sinister sent received
mwiggins367 sent received
nate
Pantherjon sent received
Peartree sent received
Pem Tech sent received
PKMdotCOM sent received
Pyro Pro sent received
RandyM sent received
rangerstl sent received
RevKeith sent received
Rocketjoe13 sent received
rocketkyle sent received
Rockhittman sent received
SCE to AUX sent received
skycopp sent received
snuggles sent received
Stealthfixr sent received
TheThompsonFive sent received
tonypv sent received
ttabbal sent received
TXFergie1 received
Vanel sent received
WillMarchant sent received
wilsotr sent
WShoreRockets sent received

A few of us are still waiting. :rolleyes: Must have been real naughty.:)

Last edited:
I never really got to RP so I didn't see what all went on there for the Secret S
Santa. I was hoping for a Squirrel Works Red Baron but when I opened the package I found a MEGA-BARON! Whoo hoo!

Thanks Secret Santa! I hope to build this AFTER I build a Quest Flat Cat for practice. Hopefully by early summer if I get off my backside and get moving on some projects.

You are most welcome. I figured that if you hadn't tried anything non-streamer or parachute, it would be a great choice. Besides, I have a Red Baron (non-mega) and love it, so how could a mega baron possibly go wrong :D

(oddly enough, you were my recipient for the second year in a row...)

As for me, I got a nice little box of LPR goodies, including a standard size Red Baron (a good thing too - I lost my previous Baron a couple months ago). Thanks to whomever gave me the box of fun. Hopefully, I can get most of the stuff built in time for some spring launches (I'm starting to accumulate a nice pile of LPR stuff just waiting to be built here...)

Last edited:
What a tremendous undertaking and amazing results considering the glitch that almost stopped this world as we know it. Inspiring!! Prasie and Thanksgiving!!

I had a very generous Santa, I got a Flis ACME Spitfire and a Dr Zooch Saturn 1B, Thanks a lot. Took a little bit but thanks to Layne at PemTech my outgoing gift extended the Christmas season for my recipient.

I received a PemTech Little Bucky a few days after Xmas. The good thing was not having to wait to open it! I'm hoping to have a little time later this week to work on it. Thanks for the wonderful gift SS.

I received a wonderful selection of tools and even some wood models to keep me busy (yeah, as if i'm not busy enough... LOL) The emory boards *alone* are going to be the best addition to my range box in years!

Thank you much!
jim

I got a very nice Dr. Zooch Soyuz model that I am looking forward to finishing. I actually started it right after Christmas, though it is now partially-built in its box down in the basement. The NC Museum of Natural Sciences is hosting Astronomy Days this weekend, and our club always has an exhibit set up, so I'm going to try to have it, at least structurally, completed by then to put out on display. It's a really nice kit though!

Thanks! :)

I received a very nice Fliskits parts collection, which will come in quite handy. My thanks to my Secret Santa!

I received a PemTech Little Bucky a few days after Xmas. The good thing was not having to wait to open it! I'm hoping to have a little time later this week to work on it. Thanks for the wonderful gift SS.

You're welcome sorry bout the delay, glad you like it.

Got the Model Rocket Design & Construction book from Apogee from Pantherjon. Thumbs up!

I love these. :) I got a great assortment of MicroMAXX kits from FlissKits and a pack of motors. I'm looking forward to building them, and a launch pad. :)

Yeah, SS this year was very difficult. TRF going down did not help, and the fact that a couple santa's decided not to participate without any form of notice added to the hassle.

I guess its official. SS is an official TRF event. it earned its place in the title of this category, Contests / Secret Santa :p

Papa Elf

Well, it has somewhat become a tradition :)

Of course, the real question is whether the July secret santa will also be an official TRF event.

I got a very nice Dr. Zooch Soyuz model that I am looking forward to finishing. I actually started it right after Christmas, though it is now partially-built in its box down in the basement. The NC Museum of Natural Sciences is hosting Astronomy Days this weekend, and our club always has an exhibit set up, so I'm going to try to have it, at least structurally, completed by then to put out on display. It's a really nice kit though!

Thanks! :)

David:

Sorry, that was me. I mis-read your wish list when it was sent to me. I could swear it said Soyuz but was in fact Sputnik. Hope you like it anyway.

David:

Sorry, that was me. I mis-read your wish list when it was sent to me. I could swear it said Soyuz but was in fact Sputnik. Hope you like it anyway.

Actually, that worked out for the better; I think when I sent out my registration email, I had listed the Sputnik, but sometime between registering and posting my wishlist on the forum I had a change of heart and decided I liked the Soyuz better. I posted "Soyuz" on the TRF thread, which would be the more up-to-date version, and might be what you are remembering. Of course, with TRF going down, this post is gone, and all that you probably have is the original email where I had registered with "Sputnik" on my list. So it all worked out in the end :) Thanks!

(And of course, just about any R-7 derived rocket would have been fine with me; I think they all look great).

My very generous SS gave me a Screamin' Green Meanie. My first Pemtech kit. I am looking forward to building and flying it this year.

My generous SS got me a Semroc Orbital Transport! :D (Wonder if this counts as an entry into Carl's Secret SEMROC competition?:p)..Thanks Secret Santa!

And Dave you are most welcome for the book! Now, I need to go get me a copy too..Hmmm, maybe will need to put it on my 'Wish List' for the Secret Santa in July! :D

Thanks to my SS for the LOC 3" Parts: NC, BT, MMT, CR's. What to build?

Papa Elf needs your help again. Another Secret Santa fell of the grid, and after several unanswered e-mails Papa Elf needs your help to make sure a well deserving rocketeer gets his SS fix. Please send me a PM if you can help.

p.s. Sorry about the delay about this... a lot of personal issues dealing with... Papa Elf may have to quit rocketry for a while if things don't improve.

Still haven't heard from my recipient. Atleast it says he/she received it.

Formerly (hounddawgracing)

So far I've built the Lil' Ivan, but have yet to begin the "Batroc" and Aerobee-Hi.

N

Papa Elf needs your help again. Another Secret Santa fell of the grid, and after several unanswered e-mails Papa Elf needs your help to make sure a well deserving rocketeer gets his SS fix. Please send me a PM if you can help.

p.s. Sorry about the delay about this... a lot of personal issues dealing with... Papa Elf may have to quit rocketry for a while if things don't improve.

Papa Elf, thanks for making sure I didn't get left out this year. I have been taken care of... in a big way! Yesterday, I received a package with a Estes Big Daddy and Quest Tomahawk, and today another package arrived with an Estes Patriot missile. My faith in Santa has been restored and I'm a happy camper. Thanks Santa!

P.S. Santa, don't take it out on the Reindeer. Budget grade Reindeer chow might reek havoc on their digestive systems...extra messy stalls if you know what I mean. Then, the elves who have to clean up after them, etc., etc. The whole thing just snowballs from there....:D

D'you get sand-paper with that Patriot?
And a glue-applicator?
(you're welcome! :D:D )

Yep and Yep! They'll come in handy.

Thanks again.

You're welcome Craig. ( and don't shoot yer eye out) ;)

Thanks a bunch, that was way above and beyond.

Having folks like you Wogz around sure make this a great place to hang out. Both of you are class acts.

Papa Elf, I appreciate you looking out for me. I was seriously considering not participating next year, which would have been a shame, because I like the idea. Hopefully. it will go a little smoother next year.

I was gonna bring Craig a lump of coal next time I went to his house... Darn!:mad:

Back