Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How was your Secret Santa?

I never really got to RP so I didn't see what all went on there for the Secret S
    Santa. I was hoping for a Squirrel Works Red Baron but when I opened the package I found a MEGA-BARON! Whoo hoo!

Thanks Secret Santa! I hope to build this AFTER I build a Quest Flat Cat for practice. Hopefully by early summer if I get off my backside and get moving on some projects.

Here is the sent and received list from RP. I helped Papa Elf a little by scanning the thread at RP and updating the list on 1/8/09.

Quote Originally Posted by n3tjm
    Here is the official Sent/Received list. When you send your gift, let me know via here or my e-mail, when you get yours let me know too.
    Please let me know your TRF Handle if different here when replying.
    (update 1/20/09 8:00am est)

Ahansom sent received
    AndyC2 sent received
    BobCox sent received
    Bonanza (hounddawgracing) sent received
    Bravo52 sent received
    caheaton sent received
    chalinaty sent
    CJAnderson sent received
    cjl sent received
    DanB sent received
    DaveCombs sent received
    Donaldsrockets sent received
    Dr Wogz sent received
    Dwolman sent received
    Evil Ed sent received
    foose4string sent
    Ford Prefect sent received
    Green Arrow sent received
    GuyNoir sent received
    Handeman sent received
    Hospital Rocket sent received
    Indiana sent received
    jdud sent received
    jflis sent received
    jimn sent received
    joecooler sent received
    Johnnie sent received
    kandsrockets sent
    Kaycee sent received
    KDRaven sent received
    lmerdan sent received
    Massrokit (RP-Questor) sent received
    maxpower sent received
    Mike Howie sent received
    mjennings sent received
    Mr. Sinister sent received
    mwiggins367 sent received
    nate
    Pantherjon sent received
    Peartree sent received
    Pem Tech sent received
    PKMdotCOM sent received
    Pyro Pro sent received
    RandyM sent received
    rangerstl sent received
    RevKeith sent received
    Rocketjoe13 sent received
    rocketkyle sent received
    Rockhittman sent received
    SCE to AUX sent received
    skycopp sent received
    snuggles sent received
    Stealthfixr sent received
    TheThompsonFive sent received
    tonypv sent received
    ttabbal sent received
    TXFergie1 received
    Vanel sent received
    WillMarchant sent received
    wilsotr sent
    WShoreRockets sent received
    A few of us are still waiting. Must have been real naughty.

Last edited by foose4string; 20th January 2009 at 01:54 PM.

My Semroc Orbital Transport is in the build pile.

I'll do it again in 2009!
    A dark night in a city that knows how to keep its secrets. But high above the quiet streets on the twelfth floor of the Acme Building, one man is still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions. Guy Noir, Private Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Peartree View Post
    I never really got to RP so I didn't see what all went on there for the Secret S
    Santa. I was hoping for a Squirrel Works Red Baron but when I opened the package I found a MEGA-BARON! Whoo hoo!

Thanks Secret Santa! I hope to build this AFTER I build a Quest Flat Cat for practice. Hopefully by early summer if I get off my backside and get moving on some projects.
    You are most welcome. I figured that if you hadn't tried anything non-streamer or parachute, it would be a great choice. Besides, I have a Red Baron (non-mega) and love it, so how could a mega baron possibly go wrong

(oddly enough, you were my recipient for the second year in a row...)

As for me, I got a nice little box of LPR goodies, including a standard size Red Baron (a good thing too - I lost my previous Baron a couple months ago). Thanks to whomever gave me the box of fun. Hopefully, I can get most of the stuff built in time for some spring launches (I'm starting to accumulate a nice pile of LPR stuff just waiting to be built here...)
    Last edited by cjl; 19th January 2009 at 06:56 AM.

What a tremendous undertaking and amazing results considering the glitch that almost stopped this world as we know it. Inspiring!! Prasie and Thanksgiving!!

I had a very generous Santa, I got a Flis ACME Spitfire and a Dr Zooch Saturn 1B, Thanks a lot. Took a little bit but thanks to Layne at PemTech my outgoing gift extended the Christmas season for my recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by mjennings View Post
    Took a little bit but thanks to Layne at PemTech my outgoing gift extended the Christmas season for my recipient.
    You are quite welcome...
    Glad we could help.

My SS dropped a Semroc Little Joe II down the chimney.
    Weeeeeeeeee!

I received a PemTech Little Bucky a few days after Xmas. The good thing was not having to wait to open it! I'm hoping to have a little time later this week to work on it. Thanks for the wonderful gift SS.
    Randy
    TRA #10385, NAR #86429 Level 3
    http://www.michianarocketry.org

Owner - rail-buttons.com
    .25 railbuttons are BACK!
    http://rail-buttons.com

I received a wonderful selection of tools and even some wood models to keep me busy (yeah, as if i'm not busy enough... LOL) The emory boards *alone* are going to be the best addition to my range box in years!

Thank you much!
    jim

I got a very nice Dr. Zooch Soyuz model that I am looking forward to finishing. I actually started it right after Christmas, though it is now partially-built in its box down in the basement. The NC Museum of Natural Sciences is hosting Astronomy Days this weekend, and our club always has an exhibit set up, so I'm going to try to have it, at least structurally, completed by then to put out on display. It's a really nice kit though!

Thanks!
    David Hash
    NAR#77967
    www.Semroc.com

I received a very nice Fliskits parts collection, which will come in quite handy. My thanks to my Secret Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
    I received a PemTech Little Bucky a few days after Xmas. The good thing was not having to wait to open it! I'm hoping to have a little time later this week to work on it. Thanks for the wonderful gift SS.
    You're welcome sorry bout the delay, glad you like it.

Got the Model Rocket Design & Construction book from Apogee from Pantherjon. Thumbs up!

I love these. I got a great assortment of MicroMAXX kits from FlissKits and a pack of motors. I'm looking forward to building them, and a launch pad.

Yeah, SS this year was very difficult. TRF going down did not help, and the fact that a couple santa's decided not to participate without any form of notice added to the hassle.

I guess its official. SS is an official TRF event. it earned its place in the title of this category, Contests / Secret Santa :P

Papa Elf

Well, it has somewhat become a tradition

Of course, the real question is whether the July secret santa will also be an official TRF event.

Quote Originally Posted by Microspeed View Post
    I got a very nice Dr. Zooch Soyuz model that I am looking forward to finishing. I actually started it right after Christmas, though it is now partially-built in its box down in the basement. The NC Museum of Natural Sciences is hosting Astronomy Days this weekend, and our club always has an exhibit set up, so I'm going to try to have it, at least structurally, completed by then to put out on display. It's a really nice kit though!

Thanks!
    David:

Sorry, that was me. I mis-read your wish list when it was sent to me. I could swear it said Soyuz but was in fact Sputnik. Hope you like it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerStl View Post
    David:

Sorry, that was me. I mis-read your wish list when it was sent to me. I could swear it said Soyuz but was in fact Sputnik. Hope you like it anyway.
    Actually, that worked out for the better; I think when I sent out my registration email, I had listed the Sputnik, but sometime between registering and posting my wishlist on the forum I had a change of heart and decided I liked the Soyuz better. I posted "Soyuz" on the TRF thread, which would be the more up-to-date version, and might be what you are remembering. Of course, with TRF going down, this post is gone, and all that you probably have is the original email where I had registered with "Sputnik" on my list. So it all worked out in the end Thanks!

(And of course, just about any R-7 derived rocket would have been fine with me; I think they all look great).
    David Hash
    NAR#77967
    www.Semroc.com

My very generous SS gave me a Screamin' Green Meanie. My first Pemtech kit. I am looking forward to building and flying it this year.

My generous SS got me a Semroc Orbital Transport! (Wonder if this counts as an entry into Carl's Secret SEMROC competition?)..Thanks Secret Santa!

And Dave you are most welcome for the book! Now, I need to go get me a copy too..Hmmm, maybe will need to put it on my 'Wish List' for the Secret Santa in July!
    Chute Happens!!
    NAR 86940 L2
    TRA 12270 L3 09-01-12
    KF4GUL
    TeleTubby Fan, Unofficial King of Namby-Pamby Land:tongue:

Thanks to my SS for the LOC 3" Parts: NC, BT, MMT, CR's. What to build?

This is not over :(

Papa Elf needs your help again. Another Secret Santa fell of the grid, and after several unanswered e-mails Papa Elf needs your help to make sure a well deserving rocketeer gets his SS fix. Please send me a PM if you can help.

p.s. Sorry about the delay about this... a lot of personal issues dealing with... Papa Elf may have to quit rocketry for a while if things don't improve.

Still haven't heard from my recipient. Atleast it says he/she received it.

Formerly (hounddawgracing)

So far I've built the Lil' Ivan, but have yet to begin the "Batroc" and Aerobee-Hi.

N

Quote Originally Posted by n3tjm View Post
    Papa Elf needs your help again. Another Secret Santa fell of the grid, and after several unanswered e-mails Papa Elf needs your help to make sure a well deserving rocketeer gets his SS fix. Please send me a PM if you can help.

p.s. Sorry about the delay about this... a lot of personal issues dealing with... Papa Elf may have to quit rocketry for a while if things don't improve.
    Papa Elf, thanks for making sure I didn't get left out this year. I have been taken care of... in a big way! Yesterday, I received a package with a Estes Big Daddy and Quest Tomahawk, and today another package arrived with an Estes Patriot missile. My faith in Santa has been restored and I'm a happy camper. Thanks Santa!

P.S. Santa, don't take it out on the Reindeer. Budget grade Reindeer chow might reek havoc on their digestive systems...extra messy stalls if you know what I mean. Then, the elves who have to clean up after them, etc., etc. The whole thing just snowballs from there....

D'you get sand-paper with that Patriot?
    And a glue-applicator?

(you're welcome! )
    -paul

NAR# 101258 - L1
    www.CRMRC.org
    I don't know the same things you don't know..

You're welcome Craig. ( and don't shoot yer eye out)

I am glad you received your gifts =). Sorry it took so long.

Papa Elf

Quote Originally Posted by dr wogz View Post
    D'you get sand-paper with that Patriot?
    And a glue-applicator?
    (you're welcome! )
    Yep and Yep! They'll come in handy.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
    You're welcome Craig. ( and don't shoot yer eye out)
    Thanks a bunch, that was way above and beyond.

Having folks like you Wogz around sure make this a great place to hang out. Both of you are class acts.

Papa Elf, I appreciate you looking out for me. I was seriously considering not participating next year, which would have been a shame, because I like the idea. Hopefully. it will go a little smoother next year.

I was gonna bring Craig a lump of coal next time I went to his house... Darn!