Personal Launch Report - SCRA 2013-11-02 - A Brief report :p

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Not my usual report. I have to start a new job tomorrow and I have a few things to finish up from my week-long Honey Do list, try to get my Sublime finished (or it don't fly next weekend), and maybe get a few prepped for next weekend.

Basically it goes like this:

Quest High-Q - Estes F15-6 - Perfect flight to 1277ft (390m). Long ass walk.

10639326623_8390ab61b2_b.jpg

Big 70 Reloaded (rekitted?) - First (last?) flight. AT F24-7 drilled to 5. Still too long... long long long shock cord still not long enough. Payload bay snaps back, breaks off two fins, knocks the nose off, altimeter falls out and is lost, body flies through the chute, fouls the chute. Other than that. Perfect flight. :p

Edmonds Ecee - Estes 1/2A3-2T - 1st flight. Launch was pretty darn straight as is sorta did a tail stand. However on a 1/2A that means it took forever to get to gliding speed. But glide it did. And pretty well. But by then there was only 30 or 40 feet left to glide. Needs an A3-2T

10639121685_24a91be1cc_b.jpg

Flis Rose-A-Roc - First flight a few weeks ago on an Estes A8-3 kicked the motor and did not burn the string. This time 1/2A6-2 and more tape. It works! Hey Jimmy! :) And it spins! The tails wobbles a bit. I was told it could use less fins or more dihedral. I'll give it more dihedral. Next time, back to an A8.

Flis Nightwhisper - Estes B4-2 - Good flight. Once again a chute shroud line catches on a doo-dad but the rocket simply floats gently down horizontal but under chute. Call it a crowd pleaser

10639137485_01da29076f_b.jpg

Quest Stilleto (Migletto) - Estes C6-3 - Perfect flight. Best flight of the day (okay the High-Q was as good). Best flight of this rocket ever! It's done all manner of strange things in the past. This time straight and true like the afterburning interceptor it is.

10639378223_6af71925e7_b.jpg

Sorry for the abbreviated report. But you get the gist.

All the photos are at the link below - some nice rockets. initiator001 was there with his trajector and more cerving was there fiddling with his Ascender and electronics.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffgortatowsky/sets/72157637246721285/

Last edited:
Wait a sec...
Isn't this a FAMILY friendly forum?

[h=2]Personal Launch Report - SCRA 2013-11-02 - A quickie with Jeff[/h]

:)

Sorry, just had to say something about that...

Matt

Looks like a nice day to launch and some great pictures! The Nightwhisper is sure a pretty looking rocket. Still waiting to try my Ecee out. Everytime I take it to a launch, I chicken out due to the wind.

Back