Estes Trajector PSII E2X Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
I have completed assembly of the fourth and final member of the Estes PSII E2X model line, the Trajector.

The listed weight/mass of the model w/o motor is 10.7 oz. As usual, mine turned out a little heavier at 11.4 oz. Some of that is due to my addition of a Semroc EB-20 ejecton baffle.

The model uses the Ascender fins just turned around 180 degrees. The nose cone is from the discontinued Interceptor E kit.

Speaking of the nose cone, it comes pre-assembled, painted and detailed. Nice. There are two packages of clay included in the kit which the builder must pack into the nose cone. I over did it and actually split the nose cone open on the bottom seam while packing in the clay. After cleaning the clay out of the seam I reglued the nose cone with Plasti-Zap CA which fixed the problem.

First flight will be next Saturday on an Estes E16-4 motor.

Estes Trajector 9709  01.jpg

This is a cool lookin rocket! Now that you have several of the PSII E2X kits, which one do you like best?

Saturday, November 2nd, was a warn sunny day in Los Angeles.

A slight breeze but otherwise excellent flying weather.

My new Estes PSII E2X Trajector model was loaded with an Estes E16-4 motor.

The E16 motor propelled the Trajector off the pad on a slow, steady flight for this draggy rocket.

Parachute ejection was just past apogee and the rocket decended safely to the ground.

I was able to get some good flight pictures.
Estes Trajector 9709  02 Awaiting launch.jpg Estes Trajector 9709  03 Ignition of Estes E16-4 motor.jpg Estes Trajector 9709  04 Liftoff.jpg Estes Trajector 9709  05 Clearing the launch pad.jpg Estes Trajector 9709  06 Climbing above the tree line.jpg

Back