Bag o' Parts: Contest Idea

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about a Sobe bottle? I have wanted to make a night rocket based on it in some fashion. It is much stronger then your typical disposable container.

sobe.jpg

Here is my submission:

(Be happy, I found a pair without skidmarks in it...)
photo (2).jpg

Both are legitimate items. I can't wait to see you use them to build something.

the little deal that protects Ice cream cones ?keebler cone guard.jpg or is that too easy?

Why is the most viewed item Matt's underwear?

I don't know..... kinda weird there.

So what happened to the beer can idea? I went and picked up some canned beer so that I would be ready. :wink:

it occurs to me that various players will have differing size rockets in mind, requiring differing size motors, and depending on weight, differing size recovery systems. Therefore, i am advancing an option for your consideration. An unused or(unusable) damaged umbrella.
umbrella out.jpgumbrella inside.jpg
If this is not satisfactory, I offer an alternative part... A LID... for example, a Jif Jar lid...any size or color, or even a Pringles lid. This would give you the most flexibility to apply all or part of the lid in your plan/construction.
Lids.jpg

Last edited:
I would go with the umbrella. I already have idea of what to do with the underwear. They will be cotton.

So after soaking the underwear in borax, to increase flame resistance for use as a deployment bag...I fashioned a drying rack from an umbrella frame....saving the valuable umbrella pelt for recovery use

I have used a cotton tshirt without borax as a recovery shield. After 8 flights, it keeps going. It was a thick tshirt though.

We need more items and pics, people!

Seriously, based on the rule that pictures are required we have only 6 participants.
Renuzit
foam core board
Sobe bottle
undies
ice cream cone protector
umbrella or jar lid...

Seriously? That's it? Well, there is still a week to go.

Hi, it's different from EMRR "Box O' Parts" exchange. I like it and I'm in. Now I just have to find the list, and add an item. I'm a die hard "scratch builder." Glenn

Current List:

Renuzit
foam core board
Sobe bottle
undies
ice cream cone protector
umbrella or jar lid.. (did we decide to that umbrella was the answer to this one?)
plunger
pringles can

Here is my submission: Enclosed r tow items: "TP" roll and one from "aluminum foil". ***pic too large so have to figure out how to reduce # of pixels."

The plunger was a joke. Don't put that one it there. I will find soemthing easier for you.

Here is my submission: Enclosed r tow items: "TP" roll and one from "aluminum foil". ***pic too large so have to figure out how to reduce # of pixels."
If you can upload them to twitter/facebook/G+/Photobucket/etc...just copy the image URL, hit upload image/from url. Then paste the URL into the box, and hit submit.

what percentage of the panties and plunger is the minimum allowable? I'm really looking forward to seeing what some of the scratchmasters can come up with

Back