Bag o' Parts: Contest Idea

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Launched today; however, as my camera gave its typical "Shutter Error- Press Shutter release again" problem, I wasn't able to get pics. When it locks up, it takes minutes of fiddling to clear the error. I switched to video mode, but I don't think it came out well. I will see what I can get off of the video. The rocket didn't separate, so no chute, but it came in gently and non-ballistic. No damage to the rocket, so I can try again on March 15th at the next club launch I can attend.

OK, video was OK. I didn't realize I needed to turn the camera, The screen on the camera showed the video the correct way around. Well, something to know for the next time.

[video=youtube_share;ICxdjHwWVso]https://youtu.be/ICxdjHwWVso[/video]

So... not the most successful launch.

However, in other news.... there was little wind, and a clear sky. So, I now have my L2!

Last edited:
Cool. Looked like horizontal spin recovery.
YouTube has an edit function which will rotate your video upright.

Yeah, I found that. But then the landing is vertical instead of horizontal. I wonder if I can rotate only part of the video.

Oh well, video edited as much as can be done.

I found out why it didn't separate. At some point the inner pringles tube that was acting as a coupler either shrunk due to temp and pulled apart from the outer wall, or something hit the side of the rocket at some point. There being a void between the two walls where the glue joint had failed, ejection charges just shot out between the two walls and out rather than popping the top. I just replaced that coupler and made the new one tighter fitting. Next launch is March 15th. Will give it another go then even if the contest has ended.

Last edited:
Back