Decreaminator!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Would you like cream in your Decaffeinator? yuk,yuk... :wink:
Anywhoo- Ive had this idea forever and a thought.
Finally got around to starting it. Not like its a huge build or anything like that...:facepalm:
Made from coffee creamer cups.
I took some tubeage from a Fliskit Crayon Micro to throw on the scale with the other pieces/parts to get an idea where I was at on heft.
8 grams as it sits.
I see that the fins are NOT like the Decaffeinators (after looking at it on Jims site).
Easy enough to fixy it I so decide to.They are only tacked on .
Im thinking just have two halves that split apart with some kev between and let it tumbly back.
Thing is so draggy it might not even fly.....Ya think?

decreaminator 002.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, it'll probably fly.
Not real high, but it'll fly!

Great idea!

Scotty, I was using those sometime last year to try and build an MMX model, but it proved to be to heavy. Never gave thought to using minis on it. Love the name you chose. Back in the 60's my dad build one out of Styrofoam cups about 6' tall. Called it, "The Moondipper." Go figure, Flis actually marketed one. He also designed a tube finned rocket that we thought would never fly...AHEM!

Last edited:
Now someone with a HPR one made out of 5-gallon buckets needs to get in here and we have the whole family picture!!!

Nice job! I like it!

Finally got around to starting it. Not like its a huge build or anything like that...:facepalm:
Made from coffee creamer cups.
I took some tubeage from a Fliskit Crayon Micro to throw on the scale with the other pieces/parts to get an idea where I was at on heft.
8 grams as it sits.
I see that the fins are NOT like the Decaffeinators (after looking at it on Jims site).
Easy enough to fixy it I so decide to.They are only tacked on .
Im thinking just have two halves that split apart with some kev between and let it tumbly back.

That is just Too KEWL Scotty Dog!
Great Idea, may have to try one of those myself. Perhaps a 3 micro Cluster just for fun:)

very cool!
:pop:
Im waiting also.. for a windless weekend.Thought I might get some up this weekend...between the frost in the morn,wind n clouds during the day......NOT! Well,for that matter,I could launch this beast in the back yard.

Last edited:

Enough nose weight, and enough thrust and *anything* will fly. You can probably sim this in Open Rocket - it's just a bunch of transitions around an inner tube. Or not - just fly it!

If it's not too late, 13mm motors might be a better option since it is so draggy... After all, things work better with more power behind 'em, right?

NARAM 47. I knew I'd seen one of these before. Can't remember who built this one, but he did it at dinner the night before.

Pictures 169.jpg

Pictures 174.jpg

I know he flew it, and I think it was Micro-Maxx powered, but I can't remember how the flight went.

NARAM 47. I knew I'd seen one of these before. Can't remember who built this one, but he did it at dinner the night before.

View attachment 152918

View attachment 152919

I know he flew it, and I think it was Micro-Maxx powered, but I can't remember how the flight went.
Obviously a brillant minded person. :wink:
Sandy and I went out to dinner the other night and I scoffed up some more cups.

It was Micro-Maxx powered. I'm pretty sure it was a single motor and I seem to recall that it didn't fly very high.

I thought I had taken a picture of it but I don't see it in my NARAM 47 folder. This picture was there:

1.jpg

which gave me flashbacks of that miserable hotel.

Very kewl :)

I've also done this. I can't remember how many cups I used, but it barely got higher than the launch rod LOL

Looking at your original photo, that's brilliant use of plastic champagne saucers as rocket stands!

Also, I'm curious about the gray rocket on the far right.

Ari.

Back