• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Loki ARTS 900mhz GPS set - 2 Digi 900mhz Radio modems

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Upton

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
For sale is the LOKI ARTS GPS 900mhz board and receiver set. This set uses Digi 900mhz Xstream radio modems. The board for the rocket contains a Garmin GPS model that is not locked to altitude as proven by past Amateur radio balloon flights and hooks to the radio modem. The receiver contains a Digi radio modem as well. It uses 9pin Serial port and in GPS only mode will send NEMA data to any PC application. [serial to usb adapters will work for modern laptops] IN ARTS mode with a an ARTS altimeter, it will send tele-data about the launch in real time and the pyro channels that have fired. I found the NEMA mode to be best for my liking. As I own my own system I created with Digi Modems and Garmin GPS, I no longer need the Loki/OZARK branded unit.

Originally about $750 dollars, I will sell this for $200. Credit Cards accepted. I will provide a link to the product on the Loki site once the Loki Site comes back up, it is down now. The ARTS was not related to my name, they were created by Erik Hall of Ozark Aerospace.

Data on the Xstream modem "modules" in the Loki Transmitter board and receiver box:
https://www.digi.com/products/wirel.../wireless-range-extenders-peripherals/xstream

900 MHz XStream (9XStream)
Indoor/urban range up to 1500 feet
Outdoor line-of-sight range up to 20 miles (with high gain antenna)
7 frequency hopping channels, each with 65K available addresses
Outstanding receiver sensitivity (-110 dB @9600 bps)

Last edited:
Back