Sneak Peaks of Upcoming Electronics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beans

Founder, Jolly Logic
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
At the recent NARCON 2013, I discussed trends in Rocket Electronics, and even showed a few sneak peaks of upcoming products.
For those of you who weren't there and/or would like to see a replay, NARCON posted the presentation video on YouTube, along with presentations from others that are pretty cool as well.

Feedback, as always, welcome!

[video=youtube;1OgUF-Ky-Os]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OgUF-Ky-Os[/video]

At the recent NARCON 2013, I discussed trends in Rocket Electronics, and even showed a few sneak peaks of upcoming products.
For those of you who weren't there and/or would like to see a replay, NARCON posted the presentation video on YouTube, along with presentations from others that are pretty cool as well.

Feedback, as always, welcome!

[video=youtube;1OgUF-Ky-Os]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OgUF-Ky-Os[/video]
John- any updates?...we're waiting with cash in hand buddy!

Hi John, thanks for posting the video - lots of interesting stuff in there.

Thanks for that informative video and kudos to whoever made it. Great job!

Love the chute reefing "padlock" idea. Dual deployment by itself solves most of the other recovery issues mentioned very simply.

Great idea on the smart phone and tablet bluetooth comms with the rocket electronics and the cooperative networking of launch site rocketronics.

Any guess on availability date for the Altimeter Three? I definitely want one.

Thanks for that informative video and kudos to whoever made it. Great job!

Well I didn't "make" it, but I was the guy running the camera for the second track of talks, of which John's was one. (I was mostly there to try and keep the presenters and the screen in frame.)

The videos of the NARCon 2013 talks were produced by Jeff of PureVideo.tv (I'm not affiliated in any way, I was the warm body from LUNAR that was looking for some way to help during the presentations)

Love the chute reefing "padlock" idea. Dual deployment by itself solves most of the other recovery issues mentioned very simply.

Great idea on the smart phone and tablet bluetooth comms with the rocket electronics and the cooperative networking of launch site rocketronics.

Any guess on availability date for the Altimeter Three? I definitely want one.

Same here.

Last edited:
Back