OpenRocket 13.09.1 released

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruland

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Sampo had asked me to try to make a release of OR. I think after a couple of attempts its finally available.

There are no new features in this release just a couple of annoyance bugs cleaned up

1) Fixed the missing string in the CSV export tab
2) Improved the workflow in the simulation tab
3) New 3d libraries again
4) Preferences added to control which 3d features are enabled. Tweaking these might allow 3d to work on some platforms. If 3d works for you, don't bother messing with them.
5) Added preliminary thrustcurves for AT C3 and D2 reloads.

Kevin

Oh. OK.

Bookmarks get sorta pointless when your "Rockets" Folder has 1500+ links in it...
:)

Kevin -
The good news is that this release appears to improve some of the 3D problems seen on Mac OS X (when used with the latest Java 7_40). When I replaced the included JOGL jars with the absolute latest autobuilds from Jogamp, then all issues go away. It does appear that the bug fixes to JOGL for this issue are still fluid and ongoing though: https://jogamp.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=816

Doug

Kevin -
The good news is that this release appears to improve some of the 3D problems seen on Mac OS X (when used with the latest Java 7_40). When I replaced the included JOGL jars with the absolute latest autobuilds from Jogamp, then all issues go away. It does appear that the bug fixes to JOGL for this issue are still fluid and ongoing though: https://jogamp.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=816

Doug

Doug, that is indeed good news. Maybe by the end of the year, Jogl will get more stable.

Kevin

i like the new "simulate & plot" button. great software. a bit difficult to navigate, but overall very functional once you get used to it.

Kevin,

Thanks for all that you and the rest of the team do for the rocketry hobby.:clap::handshake::clap:

Every time I go to the download site I get 13.09 not 13.09.01. Is there something I'm missing?

We're trying to work on that.

not sure what im doing wrong...but just for instance, i've done some pretty wild sims just for the hell of it, and (for instance), yesterday i was playing around with an N5800 minimum diameter. it kept simming to 2800' mach 3, apogee after 2.6 seconds...but then i changed the fin size and i got 45,000'. lol. i just simmed up a 3 stage N5800-M2245-J1000. just the two sustainers simmed to 35000' and mach 2.8, add in the N5800 and the altitude went to 38000', and mach 3. that's with a 15 second delay between 1st and second stage. i must be doing something wrong, but admittedly, im still working my way around it. i simmed my 38 special which flew a few weeks ago and the sim seemed very accurate off of openrocket, so i have a good bit of faith in the software. any insight?

not sure what im doing wrong...but just for instance, i've done some pretty wild sims just for the hell of it, and (for instance), yesterday i was playing around with an N5800 minimum diameter. it kept simming to 2800' mach 3, apogee after 2.6 seconds...but then i changed the fin size and i got 45,000'. lol. i just simmed up a 3 stage N5800-M2245-J1000. just the two sustainers simmed to 35000' and mach 2.8, add in the N5800 and the altitude went to 38000', and mach 3. that's with a 15 second delay between 1st and second stage. i must be doing something wrong, but admittedly, im still working my way around it. i simmed my 38 special which flew a few weeks ago and the sim seemed very accurate off of openrocket, so i have a good bit of faith in the software. any insight?

Watch for instability at high Mach. The CP shifts forward, and that doesn't show up in the window. You have to use Component Analysis to reveal the CP shift.

I was having fun with a cluster of 4 N5800's staged to another N5800, and it was getting 10,000 feet until I increased the fins to an enormous size and then it got to 391,000 feet and Mach 6.68.

Back