Rocket Tiltometer discontinued?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailorbill

Reaction score
I noticed this on Rocketiltometer.com if I missed this sorry to bring it back up. :confused: My friend Rich and I had thought about using the RockeTiltometer on an upcoming project.

"Home of the RockeTiltometer

The RockeTiltometer and RocKontroller series of accessories for the high-power model rocket hobby have been discontinued - see above tabs for more information."

The only thing mentioned is problems with the RocKontroller in Tech Bulletin TB003 and TB004.

Last edited:
Some at the CAR will freak as I think it was a requierement for dual stage rockets.

Not a requirement, you just have to inhibit 2nd stage ignition if it goes past 20 degrees. I do the trig and dial the restrictions into my Raven.

Not a requirement, you just have to inhibit 2nd stage ignition if it goes past 20 degrees. I do the trig and dial the restrictions into my Raven.

Can you expand on this. I use Ravens for my 2 stage and would like to set up more of a "safe" config. I just use the preset default staging parameters.

I was surprised to see this as well. I'm just very glad I ended up with one before they went away. It's a great product that really works well so it is sad they are gone.

I don't like trig like Bruce does so I went the easy route for two stage safety up here. Both ways do work.

Jason
CAR 576 L4
TRA 10017 L3

Can you expand on this. I use Ravens for my 2 stage and would like to set up more of a "safe" config. I just use the preset default staging parameters.

What I recommend is setting up your stage ignition to check for altitude > AGL2 and time < Tval. In other words, if the rocket hasn't gotten up to an expected altitude by the time you want it to ignite, don't do it. You need to have good simulation and build in some margin, so it's not nearly as precise as the Tiltometer, but it will prevent ignition if there was a major problem (like a booster CATO) or a really bad flight path angle.

Back