Sheri's Mercury Redstone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0001.jpg With the detail work in place, I've also started more rivet work. This is really starting to come together now and I'm pretty excited!:)

Last edited:
Hopefully he's so into the build, he's forgotten to keep us updated with pictures!

Hi, I've been dealing with a bout of depression and have shut down for now. It's temporary as usual so it will pass and I'll carry on.

Just to remove some of the tedium and boredom of the Redstone, I bought all twelve colors of Crayons to build. Four had damaged BT's and got four replacement rockets from Bellevue Hobbies. Fun, and quick these are, no tedious details to worry over. I like them!! :D

I've been going through the old contemplation routine concerning which project to start on next and I've pretty well settled on Sheri's Saturn V. That ought to be a bit of fun!

Last edited:
sounds like a great choice Steven! I think there is nothing like a mighty Saturn to boost the spirits! seriously, its been 50 years since that beast flew...and its still breath taking to look at pictures of that thing lifting off......just an incredible machine.

hoping that you are are hanging in Steven! we are all enjoying not just your beautiful Redstone...but your talent too!!

I've been going through the old contemplation routine concerning which project to start on next and I've pretty well settled on Sheri's Saturn V next. That ought to be a bit of fun!

I definitely understand how tedious details can be. The Saturn V is going to be a bear. Good luck!

Still haven't done anything on the Redstone. I have to finish the rivets, add more details in the form of card stock and plastic, rebuild the tower, paint, (I'll probably get rid of the checkered decal and paint the design on to show off the rivets) install the recovery system and there you go.

I've slacked off a bit having put the rocket off to the side for several days. Still laying down rivets. The upper section with the checkered design I have decided to paint on for two reasons: one, the decal is a fair sight fuzzy around the edges and not very crisp. Second, using the decal won't allow me to properly place rivets on the white areas and display them as being 'painted' white. I think I may put a little time now on more 'riveting'. Here goes nothin'.

Just bought the Estes Mercury Redstone on eBay for 30.90 with S/H. I bought the last one this seller had. Obviously Estes has finally released this.

I have one shot of the fin unit after three light coats of primer but for reasons unknown, I can't upload them. Hopefully I can figure this out.

I have one shot of the fin unit after three light coats of primer but for reasons unknown, I can't upload them. Hopefully I can figure this out.

Don't use the insert image icon use the paper clip as if you are attaching a file. You will have to browse to the image and then upload. After you uploaded the image you select insert inline and then select done

Don't use the insert image icon use the paper clip as if you are attaching a file. You will have to browse to the image and then upload. After you uploaded the image you select insert inline and then select done

I've always used the insert image icon and it's not allowing me to download anymore.

Back