NEW 8" FORMULA 200! From Rocketry Warehouse.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blastcap Rocketry

Reaction score
Here's the latest in the Formula series from Rocketry Warehouse the FORMULA 200!

Kit includes:

• 8 Inch Black Filament Wound 5:1 Nosecone
  • 8 Inch G12 Colored Fiberglass Airframe 26 inches
  • 8 Inch G12 Colored Fiberglass Coupler 12 inches
  • 8 Inch G12 Colored Fiberglass Airframe 54 inches
  • 98mm Motor Mount G12 Colored Fiberglass 30 Inches
  • 3 G10 Fiberglass 3/16" Thick Fins
  • G10 Black Fiberglass Centering Rings
  • G10 Black Fiberglass Bulk Plates
  • Decals Black

This kit Features:
  • Beautiful color tubing
  • Standard Dual Deploy
  • Needs no paint
  • Precision routed fin slots
  • Flies on anything from an M to an O
  • Weight aprox 39 Lb
  • Over 10 Feet Tall
  • All Fiberglass design

Price is 599.99 with FREE! Shipping till Oct 15th 2013
formula200_lg_zps0f1578f5.jpg

More pics of my kit will be posted tonight. I'll also be flying mine at RED GLARE XV on a CTI M1520BS.

Last edited:
Great looking kit Gary! Can't wait to see it fly at RG. I just can't resist painting them though :D

Can you get the doughnut altimeter bay like the Gizmo XL? Otherwise a 6GXL won't fit.

Can you get the doughnut altimeter bay like the Gizmo XL? Otherwise a 6GXL won't fit.
The Gizmo XL is a Wildman kit so the doughnut Av-Bay is theirs as well. I'd say give RW a call to see if you can get a longer booster, but if your not going to fly allot of 98mm 6XL loads its probably not worth it.

How much longer would the booster tube have to be for the 6XL?

Description says it flies on O motors. How is that possible?

Could the aft e-bay cover be recessed far enough into the coupler to fit it??

Last edited:
The 98mm 6XL is 50.5" including the forward bulkhead. I would just recess the coupler bulkhead 3" or 4" and you would have enough room. A little carbon fiber and its not going anywhere!

It flies on an O with a little work...

"Description says it flies on O motors. How is that possible?"

One option is to order it with a 6" motor mount, for only $35 more
or
Second option is to order it with a 60" Booster, for only $50 More
Both of these options are custom and could add a few days for delivery.

Thanks
RW Sales

I've been wanting to fly the New 6G CTI N5600WT load and the F200 will be perfect for that. That will be its 1st flight at Red Glare once we get a date.

Gary -- Are your parts Lime or Lemon? Just wondering, because the site doesn't list Lime as an option and they look more greenish.

-TH

Gary -- Are your parts Lime or Lemon? Just wondering, because the site doesn't list Lime as an option and they look more greenish.

-TH

Todd,
Mine is the Lemon (Yellow) I took the pic outside at dusk so it does have that greenish hue but only in the pic.

Dave,
I agree, the WT and CS are definitely 2 of my favorite propellants.

Last edited:

I interchange a lot of stuff... Frankenstein rockets. Is the tolerance between manufactured components sufficient that a Gizmo XL DD top half will fit on the Formula bottom half? If so, problem solved.

I interchange a lot of stuff... Frankenstein rockets. Is the tolerance between manufactured components sufficient that a Gizmo XL DD top half will fit on the Formula bottom half? If so, problem solved.

Since it's all PR parts I'm sure all that stuff will fit.

Maybe PR just likes me better. All my stuff has fit perfectly. If it didn't fit it could easily be sanded by putting the coupler on a shaft and spinning that with a drill. I did that once when someone glued a bulkhead into a coupler but clamped it out of round while the epoxy dried.

Last edited:
Maybe PR just likes me better. All my stuff has fit perfectly.

Okay, that' good enough for me... base on Scott's referral I ordered my Formula 200 today. I'll try it with the Gizmo XL DD doughnut av bay (just to see if it will work), but I ordered it with the 60" body (just in case it doesn't). Looks like a great kit, I especially like the filament wound nose cone.

Okay, that' good enough for me... base on Scott's referral I ordered my Formula 200 today. I'll try it with the Gizmo XL DD doughnut av bay (just to see if it will work), but I ordered it with the 60" body (just in case it doesn't). Looks like a great kit, I especially like the filament wound nose cone.

It is super nice. What a beast!

Just have too many kits...

Oh come on....even I know it's going to be an L3150!

Hey, you guys missed the point of my getting the looooooong body... so I can fit an XL case in it...... so I can go reeeeaaallllllyyyy high. Like maybe 2500'.

If you never lose sight of your rocket, you don't need a tracker.

Just so you guys can see what a beast this NC really is. If you haven't noticed I'm a tad on the larger size as it is so this will give you some scale lol.

F200NC_zpsfe5c03e3.jpg

Hey, you guys missed the point of my getting the looooooong body... so I can fit an XL case in it...... so I can go reeeeaaallllllyyyy high. Like maybe 2500'.

If you never lose sight of your rocket, you don't need a tracker.

Tell that to Bandman444...

Just so you guys can see what a beast this NC really is. If you haven't noticed I'm a tad on the larger size as it is so this will give you some scale lol.

F200NC_zpsfe5c03e3.jpg

I'm going to save this photo. So when people ask what caused my divorce I can pinpoint the moment.

I'm going to save this photo. So when people ask what caused my divorce I can pinpoint the moment.

:no:

Yeah, it would be a little tough to slip this one into the fleet unobserved... "Oh, I've had that one for years. Just now getting around to building it."

F200NC_zpsfe5c03e3.jpg

Gizmo3.jpg

Wow... the nose cone alone is almost as big as the whole Gizmo XL!

Back