Chinese Saturn V

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they'll actually build it (as opposed to SLS, which I anticipate will get cut after the 2014 mid-terms)

I wonder if they'll actually build it (as opposed to SLS, which I anticipate will get cut after the 2014 mid-terms)

The Chinese will build and fly it, they understand and achieve long term goals.

I don't know, are Chinese politicians and bureaucrats any wiser than their U.S. and former U.S.S.R. counterparts. If they build it I think the primary motivation will be the same as the space race of the 1960's: national and ideological competition.

I don't know, are Chinese politicians and bureaucrats any wiser than their U.S. and former U.S.S.R. counterparts. If they build it I think the primary motivation will be the same as the space race of the 1960's: national and ideological competition.

They don't shut down their government in a manner that we witness our government doing. They see the long term value of space and the material assets it holds.

They don't shut down their government in a manner that we witness our government doing.

They certainly have a different system.

They see the long term value of space and the material assets it holds.

In your opinion ? You may very well be correct, but the US and USSR publicly expressed similar motivations.

In your opinion ? You may very well be correct, but the US and USSR publicly expressed similar motivations.
It's possible to have more than one motivation for a given action. It's also possible to do good things for the wrong reasons. I personally don't care why China (or anyone else) explores space, only that they do.

If I were to bet money, I'd put it on the Chinese sending the next manned mission to the Moon.

It's possible to have more than one motivation for a given action. It's also possible to do good things for the wrong reasons. I personally don't care why China (or anyone else) explores space, only that they do.

Agreed. Space IS the place !

If I were to bet money, I'd put it on the Chinese sending the next manned mission to the Moon.

I think you're right Shrox. They seem to have the resources to do it. If they want to follow us to the moon, fine. But, having accomplished that mission, will they do better with the "What next ?" part ? I think that remains to be seen.

Agreed. Space IS the place !

I think you're right Shrox. They seem to have the resources to do it. If they want to follow us to the moon, fine. But, having accomplished that mission, will they do better with the "What next ?" part ? I think that remains to be seen.

China has most of the large dams in the world. They'll figure out something to do with the Moon.

China has most of the large dams in the world. They'll figure out something to do with the Moon.

Because Hydro-Quebec teach them how to build them. Their bigest one "Sandouping " was built under Hydro-quebec management and also finance by H-Q. We build quite few nuclear reactors in China too in the period where no US citizen was allowed to go in China. We have a long relation of friendship with China, Russia and even Cuba.

Ummm... take advantage of all that untapped lunar hydro power?? LOL:) Non-sequitur...

I DO think the Chinese have the motivation and drive to go to the moon... probably on nothing like our schedule (of Apollo) but slow and steady wins the race anyway...

Later! OL JR :)

Because Hydro-Quebec teach them how to build them. Their bigest one "Sandouping " was built under Hydro-quebec management and also finance by H-Q. We build quite few nuclear reactors in China too in the period where no US citizen was allowed to go in China. We have a long relation of friendship with China, Russia and even Cuba.

Which speaks to the general ignorance and stupidity of American foreign policy...

Ummm... take advantage of all that untapped lunar hydro power?? LOL:) Non-sequitur...

I DO think the Chinese have the motivation and drive to go to the moon... probably on nothing like our schedule (of Apollo) but slow and steady wins the race anyway...

Dam building is a skill they can use elsewhere, they could move vast quantities of dirt when they get there. Probably build underground cities with cool low gravity sports arenas.

Back