FANTASY SCALE - (Star Wars) X-Wing Fighter Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RochonRockets

Reaction score
Yep they made an X-Wing Maxi-Brute.
IMAG1015.jpg
IMAG1108.jpgIMAG1107.jpgIMAG1106.jpgIMAG1105.jpg

Flown twice and crashed twice. Rebuilding and leaving on the shelf.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've replaced the tube in mine but have yet to cut new wood for it.

I have one on my shelf... NEVER flew it. it's been built for at LEAST 15 years.. I have seen WAY to many of them try to fly and crash..

Welcome to the FANTASY SCALE (Star Wars) X-Wing Fighter Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the (Star Wars) X-Wing Fighter and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Maxi-Brute X-Wing Fighter: #1302

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Maxi-Brute X-Wing Fighter (#1302) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Maxi-Brute X-Wing Fighter Also known as: Maxi X-Wing

NUMBER: #1302

Introduced: 1978
Final Year: 1980
Designer: Keith Niskern

Type: Exotic, Fantasy Scale
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 21.635"
Diameter:
Span: 18.25"
Weight: 11 oz

Mfg. Description: Darth Vader and his Imperial Forces will turn and run when confronted by this huge scale replica of science fiction's most popular spacecraft. This giant T-55 X-Wing Fighter is easy to assemble with fantastic detailing and authentic "Death Star" mission decor. By far the most dramatic "STAR WARS" model available for display. "D" engine powered for great performance too. Spectacular flights over 300 feet. Kit components include die-cut balsa parts and highly detailed plastic fuselage, engines and laser pods. Plus quick-release engine mount, scale decals, big 24" parachute recovery and attractive display stand. A 3/16" launch rod is recommended for lift-off. (Estes 1978 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-maxi%20brute%20x%20wing%20fighter%201302-1978%20cat.jpg
1978 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back