Problems Contacting Missileworks?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksrockets

Now with 8% more aluminum
Reaction score
For my Birthday (on the 11th), my parents got me an RRC3 altimeter from the Missileworks website. It was scheduled to arrive on Saturday (the 14th, I believe). It's been a full week since and still no package.
Earlier, we've had success exchanging emails, but not recently. We sent an email a while ago regarding the status of our shipment, but got nothing in reply. Tried calling too, but no luck there either. Anyone else have a similar problem or have anything to say about Missilework's CS in general? I'm starting to get worried.

Alex

Hey Alex!

I am in a similar situation awaiting the data cable...BUT....

I saw someone had mentioned that Jim is located in or very near Boulder and thus has probably been dealing with the flooding. Let's cross our fingers and hope Jim and family are all OK.

May be they are at BALLS. I will be there if I have a business.

He is listed on the "who's going" section on the Balls website.

I wouldn't worry about him, he's one of the "good ones"

Jim Amos lives in Lyons, CO which was one of the hardest hit communities in the recent flooding. According to reports the town was effectively cut off from phone/Internet service. I believe that no one has been able to contact Jim for over a week. Let's hope everything is alright.

Jim Amos lives in Lyons, CO which was one of the hardest hit communities in the recent flooding. Let's hope everything is alright.
OH CRAP!! I knew when I saw that Lyons was where the flooding was, there was a rocket connection somewhere. I just couldn't remember why Lyons sounded familiar. I hope all is well and he hasn't lost his home or anything.....being cut off from the world would be bad enough. Praying for all those affected in that area.

Well now I feel bad about asking! Hope he's alright. CO's been hit with the nastiest stuff recently. Terrible fires last year, terrible flooding this year...

Alex

Well now I feel bad about asking! Hope he's alright. CO's been hit with the nastiest stuff recently. Terrible fires last year, terrible flooding this year...

Alex, don't feel bad -- you didn't know, and you asked rather than going on the attack. Nothing at all wrong with your post.

I'm certain Jim will take care of you when he's able. Right now, I don't know if he's able to get to his house (and inventory) or not.

-Kevin

Alex,

Jim is great to work with. If he is not getting back to you, he is probably busy at Black Rock, or the floods (I hope that he is okay). Many of us waited for months for the RRC3 while it was in development. It is worth it. Your patience will be rewarded. Jim is also great in replying to questions about your altimeter. He helped me a bunch with my RRC3's and my RRC2 mini also. Take care.

Chris

It's been a tough year for Colorado altimeter makers. First BDale and maybe now Jim. If I hadn't moved to California, I think I would have been struck by lightning or something.

It's been a tough year for Colorado altimeter makers. First BDale and maybe now Jim. If I hadn't moved to California, I think I would have been struck by lightning or something.

Hey I am right next to you in Redwood City Adrian. Let's hope hope the altimeter maker issues cease!

Hang in there Alex. I have been dealing with Jim sense the first RRC's came out. He is one of the best dealers out there. As soon as he can I am sure you will be taken care of. Those first altimeters by the way still fly and I have had the minis and now RRC3's.

Dennis

Back