Foam Space Shuttle Glider Needed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketT.Coyote

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
After about 30 years of sub-orbital missions, on B, C, and D motors, and being attacked by birds on at least two flights, my faithful--and somewhat battered--space shuttle glider headed for the trees during a demo launch in August, never to be seen again. It was converted to a parasite glider from a catapult launch kit offered by North American. Guillows may be still making them. Where are these still sold?

I have a few incomplete models from spoiled merchandise acquired over the years. These lack the vertical stabilizer/rudder. If someone could post a pattern of one, that would be most helpful too.

Last edited:
I bought a guillows from Hobby Lobby a few years back, don't know if they still sell them. If not Amazon has a few sellers that have them. There's alway eBay.

I have made a highly detailed orbiter which i sell on ebay. 1/100 scale resin gliding orbiter ready for you to mount on any booster rocket you wish. Go to ebay and search for gliding space shuttle. Thanks

Years back I converted the Guillow's foam shuttle to RC electric power, with a tiny direct drive brushed motor, Hitec HS-50 servos, micro 4ch RX and 5amp ESC, plus a 2 cell 340 lipo. A little heavy for the wing area, but flew very nicely. Added Depron foam elevons behind the trailing edge of the stock glider.

Recently excavated it from the garage and planning on a twin Guillow's RC shuttle setup with a pseudo scale booster. Removed the electric motor mount, made a new fake Shuttle main engine cluster. Also uncovered a couple of more Shuttles still in the bag for additional conversion.

With modern radio gear like the Spektrum micro brick, the Shuttle can be radio controlled for not many grams of extra weight. This is the plan for the second conversion.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back