Quest Cobalt Rocksim file?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Quest Cobalt Rocksim or Open Rocket file?

Greetings folks. I'm a long time reader, but a first time poster. I worked up this Rocksim file tonight based on the Cobalt model my 7 year old and I just built. I'm trying to see how that stability behaves with a heavier engine...

I didn't measure all the components before construction, but the CG and many components' specs are accurate. Overall, the painted model weighs 30g without engine, but Rocksim calculates 31.358. Rocksim calculates an unloaded CG at 3.86 inches from nose, and that matches the real world as near as I can measure. Loaded CG with an A8-3 also matches Rocksim's CG. So I think this is a reasonably accurate Rocksim file. My read of the Rocksim flight data says we should be clear on a B6-4, but I don't want to try to track this little guy on a C6-5!

View attachment Quest_Cobalt.rkt

Well, IF I were to do a Cobalt upscale, I would certainly do a build thread. You know me!

Now you know that it will have to fly on 54mm motor.And of course a basswood nose cone of yours.:w:

:tongue:I did not notice the date,but you do need to build more rockets.You have been slacking.

By the way Jim,did you know my Browns are in first place?It may not last but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

:tongue:I did not notice the date,but you do need to build more rockets.You have been slacking.

I know it. I'm way behind!

By the way Jim,did you know my Browns are in first place?It may not last but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Hey Carl,

How are the Browns doing? :tongue:

Jim,you love short fat rockets how about a football shape one?You have the skills and tools.Made from centering rings?

Jim,you love short fat rockets how about a football shape one?You have the skills and tools.Made from centering rings?

Hmmm, not quite sure how I'd build a football shaped rocket...

Mybe with a tube going all the way to the top of the rocket and covered in centering rings.Small nose cone,Cute or tumble recovery?

Back