Giant Leap - T-Bolt Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Next up I flew my rugged Giant Leap T-Bolt. Like the Formula 75, this rocket, as most of mine do, have build threads here on TRF. I tried something new, an Estes F26FJ-6 loaded in the adapter. And an Estes Altimeter recording the flight. Never flew the Estes SU (of course Aerotech).

9753512781_f312d24a28_b.jpg

I used an old Fire-in-the-Hole igniter I bought years and years ago. Still worked.

9753724155_075608c9de_b.jpg

Nice black smoke. Not a lot of impulse 62ns or 1/2 a full F. And the altitude reflected that. 607 feet. Another lob

9753727554_acbec83a5a_b.jpg

A little under powered and a little long delay... but alls well that ends well. It's a tought bird. Barely broke a sweat recovering tho by now the temp was 30C or 31C. However it was clear and calm.

Post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Giant Leap T-Bolt Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Giant Leap T-Bolt and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Giant Leap: T-Bolt:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Giant Leap T-Bolt Basic Information.

giant_leap.gif
Giant Leap Rocketry

MODEL NAME: T-Bolt Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced: 2012
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 71"
Diameter: 1.65"
Span:
Weight: 3.25 lbs

Mfg. Description: With the HIGH-PERFORMANCE FINCAN (light weight version). Comes with Slimline Bell Retainer!

What do you call a rocket that's drop-dead gorgeous, super high performance, almost indestructible....and yet easy to build? We call it the T-Bolt. The T-Bolt comes with our new high-performance fin canister that is milled for weight savings. The kit also includes the Slimline Bell Retainer that holds your motor casing in place and provides a beautiful space-age look. The T-Bolt is a minimum diameter 38mm rocket that rips the sky like a bullet ....and yet can be built in one evening. Flies to extremely high altitudes on Aerotech and CTI 38mm motors. For more moderate altitudes, the T-Bolt can be adapted down to 29mm with the optional 38/29mm Slimline Adapter.

Features:

Magna-frame tubing
High-Performance Acme Fin Canister, an incredibly strong fin unit, molded in a high compression mold using composite material. Saves you the time and mess of laying up fins, and allows incredible speeds and force loads
Slimline Bell Retainer.
Kevlar™ shock cord - pre-sewn loops (2 recovery sets on Dual Deploy, and 1 with single deploy)
Kevlar™ chute protectors
Aluminum conformal rail guides
Super mount system to secure the shock cord to airframe. Easy to use!
Awesome 38mm nosecone 5 to 1 exposed length, with sandable ribs, and secure connections
Rip stop chute: 36 main chute
Quik links for easy connect and disconnect
Vinyl Decal
8-page instructions with step-by-step instructions
High Performance in just a few hours
Single deployment system for reliable Level 1 or 2 flights
Mach-busting is easy ….. Altitude records are just hours away
Built to withstand hard landings, so rapid, high altitude descents are possible (Giant Leap 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

giant%20leap-t%20bolt-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Final flight for me of RS-38 was my T-Bolt. I had placed it on the pad the day before as the sun went down behind the mountains. But as the rack was launching I noticed right away I could not track the rockets after burnout. It was obvious others could, be my 54 y.o. eyes could not. So as he was getting to my pad I waved the LCO off. Call me a wimp... but I after losing TWO estes altimeters I didn't want to lose another. Plus the casing, plus the rocket.

So I placed the T-Bolt on the pad with fun fun load. The CTI 110ns 110-G250 cut to about 9 seconds IIRC.

10803638805_2eefb47fbf_b.jpg

Here's a fun little sequence... Ignitor?

10803658255_b9bd968e0b_c.jpg

But it was restrained with the normal CTI plastic cap? Misfire?

10803904853_42e3e435c0_c.jpg

Ummmm ... no not really! Look closely at the rail... :wink:

10803662255_a5787b3b5f_c.jpg

Wheeeeee!!! VMAX....
10803664555_b76b7ed105_c.jpg

I'd tell you the altitude but the Estes Altimeter said... zero... zed... nada... :confused2::confused2:

Anyways after losing it against the low contrast of the high cirrus, I saw the chute and all is well that ended well....

Post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
Back