Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 61 to 68 of 68
  1. #61
    Join Date
    18th March 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,765
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsam2016 View Post
    Is wet sanding acceptable for fiberglass surface prep for epoxying? It would greatly reduce the amount of airborne dust. I wear a good respirator but don't have a dedicated work shop at home so I'm worried about fiberglass dust in the air. I go outside to cut fiberglass, but having to do so for surface prep would be a PITA (New England winter = sunset at 430pm, snow, and freezing temperatures).
    As long as you are using a proper grit, and let it thoroughly dry I think it should work.

    Mark Koelsch
    Tripoli 6155 L3
    Owner of http://www.rocketryfiles.com/
    Editor of http://www.thrustcurve.org/
    Member of the Tripoli Motor Test Committee, and keeper of the motor file

  2. #62
    Join Date
    1st December 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    164
    Would it be possible to host the pictures elsewhere? I'd like to see more on what the speaking points are.

    In thrust we trust

  3. #63
    Join Date
    4th March 2018
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    23
    I am also eager to see this thread with pics. maybe the author could put together a PDF and post a link to Google drive or something?
    Nathan Krupla ----> "Trust me... I'm an Engineer... kinda "

    L1 - Heavily Modified Madcow Super dx3 (paper) - 54mm CTI i218 - 2-18-18
    L2 - See above - 54mm Aerotech DMS J250 - 3-3-18
    L3 - Soon?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    8th December 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,968
    There was a post here on TRF about how to view post with old photobucket photos. I think it was Angie that posted it. You do need to view the post on Google Chrome.

    below is a photo from the beginning of this thread to prove it does work.

    Flynfrog has not posted since Nov 2017

    Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photobucket.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	340709  

  5. #65
    Join Date
    4th March 2018
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by tfish View Post
    There was a post here on TRF about how to view post with old photobucket photos. I think it was Angie that posted it. You do need to view the post on Google Chrome.

    below is a photo from the beginning of this thread to prove it does work.

    Flynfrog has not posted since Nov 2017

    Tony
    Well, I hope he comes back someday. That was a great write-up.

    BTW... I did some digging, and most browsers have an add-on that fixes those dead links! Just go to your "extensions" or "add-ons" manager and search for: photobucket embed fix

    it'll install in seconds, and all you have to do is refresh the page you were trying to look at. The one in Firefox works great.
    Nathan Krupla ----> "Trust me... I'm an Engineer... kinda "

    L1 - Heavily Modified Madcow Super dx3 (paper) - 54mm CTI i218 - 2-18-18
    L2 - See above - 54mm Aerotech DMS J250 - 3-3-18
    L3 - Soon?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    1st December 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by tfish View Post
    There was a post here on TRF about how to view post with old photobucket photos. I think it was Angie that posted it. You do need to view the post on Google Chrome.

    below is a photo from the beginning of this thread to prove it does work.

    Flynfrog has not posted since Nov 2017

    Tony
    Thanks for trying. Was trying to see what to look for when I sand the surface. I think I know what he was referring to but just want to confirm. I'm new to composites and I have several candidates waiting for epoxy.
    In thrust we trust

  7. #67
    Join Date
    16th September 2011
    Location
    West Haven UT
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by pendrin2020 View Post
    I am also eager to see this thread with pics. maybe the author could put together a PDF and post a link to Google drive or something?
    I have been planning to rehost just haven't had time. Since Nov I have moved to a new state, got married, started a new job, and building a house. Just low on time. I would like to host them on the rocketry forum so that they will live as long as the forum does.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    9th March 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by flynfrog View Post
    I have been planning to rehost just haven't had time. Since Nov I have moved to a new state, got married, started a new job, and building a house. Just low on time. I would like to host them on the rocketry forum so that they will live as long as the forum does.
    +1

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Rocketry Forum mobile app


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •