Free TARC e-book on iTunes, elsewhere?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully

Reaction score
This may be old news, but it was new to me. I have been reading more and more on my iPad, and peruse the iBooks store from time to time. It turns out that if you search "model rocketry", you come up only with "Seize the Sky", a great intro book written by a TRF member, I believe.

If you search "rocketry" however, you get a few more hits, including Mark Canepa's great HPR book.

You also find a FREE Ebook about TARC, put out by NAR (this is a post about TARC, remember). I am sure this is a available as a traditional book as well, but the Ebook appears really well done, not simply a "scan and dump" job that is common with other free books.

Here is the itunes link.

There may also be Kindle or Sony reader versions out there, for the non- or anti-apple crowd. If you find them, please post links here.

I am trying to get my son interested in TARC: he just started 7th grade and is definitely math/science/nerdy enough to do it, but he has FLL just starting, and Math team, and fall lacrosse, and I think he'd rather have rocketry continue to be something fun he does with me, where I do most of the thinking and work. Oh well.

I believe that James Duffy did the iPad version of the TARC book. James works(ed) at Apple, so I doubt if he would produce the book in any other formats.

Back