FlisKits August DOM winner announced!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to Adrian Hurt for taking first place in outer August Design of the Month contest with his Congreve Artillery Rocket!

Adrian wins $30 in FlisKits stuff as well as a chance in our Design of the Year contest!

Check out our web site for details on his wonderful design and this fun and exciting contest!

image-2990382092.jpg

Congrats to Adrian Hurt for taking first place in outer August Design of the Month contest with his Congreve Artillery Rocket!

Adrian wins $30 in FlisKits stuff as well as a chance in our Design of the Year contest!
I'd like to thank everyone who made this possible: Jim Flis for hosting the contest, Shrox for supporting the Empire in its time of need, and Daddyisabar for providing a very worthy opponent.

Most of the $30 is going on a Deuces Wild. Having "borrowed" the motor layout for a couple of my own models, I felt that honour demanded that I finally get the real one.

The poor thing has no idea what's going to happen to it.

Previous Fliskits which have come into my possession have been modified - see "Three To One" on the DOM page, for example. What was done to that is positively benign compared to the fate which awaits the Deuces Wild. The kit won't be bashed, it will be thoroughly mutated. And then, if it's finished in time and if the level of mutation does not disqualify it from the "Kit-Bash" theme, it will go into the December DOM contest in the hope of luring another kit to an equally horrible fate... :grin:

Congrats on the win and a cool looking rocket.

Will a PDF of this design be released?

Most of the $30 is going on a Deuces Wild. Having "borrowed" the motor layout for a couple of my own models, I felt that honour demanded that I finally get the real one.

The poor thing has no idea what's going to happen to it.:grin:
Congratulations!

This is what happened to the Deuce's Wild I bought in 2004... :grin:Deuce98 pad 1a.jpg

I'd like to thank everyone who made this possible: Jim Flis for hosting the contest, Shrox for supporting the Empire in its time of need, and Daddyisabar for providing a very worthy opponent.

The poor thing has no idea what's going to happen to it.

Previous Fliskits which have come into my possession have been modified - see "Three To One" on the DOM page, for example. What was done to that is positively benign compared to the fate which awaits the Deuces Wild. The kit won't be bashed, it will be thoroughly mutated. And then, if it's finished in time and if the level of mutation does not disqualify it from the "Kit-Bash" theme, it will go into the December DOM contest in the hope of luring another kit to an equally horrible fate... :grin:

Congratulations and a great job on the Congreve. Make one up for December because my last Flis Kit suffered a very horrible fate for the December contest.

Back