Flis Teeny Triskelion (Build)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krusty

Rocket Powered Kangaroo
Reaction score
I've had the Teeny Triskelion in my build pile for some time (I actually got a 2nd one just the other week) and figured it was time to build it :)

TeenyTriskelion-01-small.jpg

First up I tipped out all the parts -
TeenyTriskelion-02-small.jpg

In the bag you will find along with the instructions -

• A length of Kevlar shock cord
  • A streamer
  • Body Tube
  • Engine Mount
  • 2 x centering rings
  • 1 x thrust ring
  • Fin Set
  • Dowel
  • Launch Lug
  • Nail (not pictured as it was still tucked away in the folds of the instructions)

Construction starts with the engine mount. Two centering rings are glued in place along with the thrust ring.
Once the glue is dry, the shock cord is then tied around the engine mount. I cut a small section of the upper centering ring away to allow the shock cord to pass through.
TeenyTriskelion-03-small.jpg

The following steps have you glue the engine mount into place in the body tube followed by the attachment of the shock cord to the nose cone. The nose cone in this photo has been filled and sanded. The fins will get the same treatment prior to painting.
TeenyTriskelion-04-small.jpg

With the air frame set aside to dry, work turns to the fins. The fin components are carefully cut away from the sheet and sanded to remove the remains of the attachment tabs. The end pieces were then glued to the main fins.
TeenyTriskelion-05-small.jpg

With the glue cured on the fins and air frame, the build progressed with the fins being attached. At this time I also attached the dowels to the sides of the fin.
TeenyTriskelion-06-small.jpg

What's next? I still need to attach the launch lug, fill & sand the fins and then paint!

As a bonus - here's a behind-the-scenes photo of my lighting setup :)
TeenyTriskelion-07-small.jpg
For larger rockets I use two fluorescent light stands but since this rocket is so small, I'm using two light stands made with LED panels.

Krusty

She's a beaut. Mines still naked as well. Not sure if it will get painted either. I seem to loose MicroMaxx's on the third flight.

I have only ever managed to get the MMX-I motors - so they aren't as powerful and if this thing goes more than about 10' in the air, i'll be happy :) Not much chance of it disappearing!

That said, I would love some of the new & more powerful MMX motors - perhaps one day someone will import them :)

Krusty

Nice looking rocket!. Fliskits has a great selection of the micromax rockets. I built one of the green crayons, which flie snice, but isn't so easy to find in the grass if the streamer doesnt deploy. But, so far I have been lucky.

Nice job this is one of the rockets on my micro list.

Nice looking rocket!. Fliskits has a great selection of the micromax rockets. I built one of the green crayons, which flie snice, but isn't so easy to find in the grass if the streamer doesnt deploy. But, so far I have been lucky.

I've got an orange one in the pile at the moment. LOL Yeah, I can just imagine the green camouflaging itself into the grass ;)

Nice job this is one of the rockets on my micro list.

They're fun :) I see you're on the way to having a good micro fleet :)

Great, now I want a Micro Rocket.

What are you waiting for? Do it!!

Their a lot of fun. If you have a spotter. They fly a lot higher then I thought they would. And that ain't a bad thing.

LOL sometimes :) I build a micro V2 a while back - I don't think that got over about 3m! It was a bit heavy ;)

Krusty

...LOL sometimes :) I build a micro V2 a while back - I don't think that got over about 3m! It was a bit heavy ;)

Krusty

I also made a micro V2. I turned the whole rocket on the lathe and drilled out the motor mount. The first one was unstable. The next one I drilled out further for some lead weight in the nose, I didn't go very high either but I think it made maybe 30 or 40 feet. The V2 probably isn't the best platform for micro maxx motors.

Mr. Flis Has come up with some really nifty little designs. Your Teeny Triskelion looks great and your teeny photography techniques are impressive.

The Tiny Triskelion is one of my favorite and Most flown Micro Fliskit. Great little performer on MMX-II motors and Not that bad on MMX-1s as well.

Just One GREAT looking and flying model!

MM 341Lp02a-sm_MM Tiny Triskelion (Open Spot)_03-15-08.JPG

Back