Glasspacks' Public Enemy SA-14 Archer rebuild

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this weekend. As of now, the forecast looks bleak.:(

The archer flew twice at Bong this past weekend. Second flight landed in a large puddle and I had to drill a hole in the airframe to get the trapped water out. Simple thing to repair and it looks like there is no damage from it. I will post the video and photos when I get home.

Thank you again to Chad and the rest of the WOOSH group and the TWA group

Here are some photos of her on the pad and the video of the second flight of the day........

100_8544.jpg100_8584.jpg

[video=youtube;goCi4OxUIN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goCi4OxUIN4[/video]

The one that put her in the pond !! That repair will be easy and then I can finally get the white paint on as well as the stickers from Mark at Sticker Shock

Well its been a long 4 years since my Archer flew last. Since the day it landed in the pond.....
I sent two boys off to start their lives .... almost got a daughter through college, AND lost my VERY good friend and rocketry partner to Cancer last November. Along the way it seems I lost some interest for a while in the hobby. Always Knew I would finish it, but just took a long time.
I always loved this model and finally got to the repaint and decals.

20170918_223741.jpg20170917_003731.jpg20170917_003741.jpg

Back