Black Saturday Sales!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nh4clo4

Reaction score
I know, I know.

I feel like the camel in the Geico commercial (I think it is Geico). Guess what day it is, huh? Guess. What. Day. It. Is.

Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike!

Well, just like Humpday, the summer is pretty much behind us, Labor Day weekend is behind us, it is time to turn towards the fall flying season, the upcoming winter building season, and...

The Black Saturday Sales!!! :surprised:

Let's talk about them.:

What do you need?

What do you want?

What do you think will be on sale?

How much do you want to spend?

How much are you really going to spend?

1-Yes, it is Geico.
2-Not a single penny on Black Saturday. But probably a lot on Black Friday.

This is like walking into Hobby Lobby last week and seeing Christmas trees!!!

1-Yes, it is Geico.
2-Not a single penny on Black Saturday. But probably a lot on Black Friday.

Clarification: I meant Rocketry-Related Black Saturday Sales :blush:

I do not like the Black Friday shoping thing at all.

Claude,

I'm with you. I've been thinking about it too. It's almost Midwest Power time. Black Saturday is just around the corner. I think a sale on all White Thunder motors would be nice!!!

We have had white,green....maybe red this time??? Who knows?

Last edited:
Claude,

I'm with you. I've been thinking about it too. It's almost Midwest Power time. Black Saturday is just around the corner. I think a sale on all White Thunder motors would be nice!!!

We have had white,green....maybe rd this time??? Who knows?

Yep, and I know dealers and manufacturers have to think about it ahead of time too. Building inventory, talking to their suppliers, etc...

If we have to makes wishes, now is the time; not one week before Thanksgiving.

I want motors. White Thunder and/or Red are great suggestions. I also need 1 or 2 more kits to make it through the winter, just like a bear needs a good reserve of fat before hibernating :lol: Maybe a 3-inch and a 5-inch. Not sure just yet.

Mason
Don't start this all over again. Your a year older and wiser. I would like to here about your next project.

Mason
Don't start this all over again. Your a year older and wiser. I would like to here about your next project.

What are you talking about? Im not doing any more projects for quite a while. I have even put serious thought in the last few weeks about giving my Shoot For The Cure rocket to a close friend to take care of for the time being because I dont want to fly, I dont want to build, and I dont want to design.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Im not doing any more projects for quite a while. I have even put serious thought in the last few weeks about giving my Shoot For The Cure rocket to a close friend to take care of for the time being because I dont want to fly, I dont want to build, and I dont want to design.

You know exactly what he's talking about, you haven't stopped taking shots since your little "incident" - let it go.

You know exactly what he's talking about, you haven't stopped taking shots since your little "incident" - let it go.
I was referring to the last part of the post. About my next project?

Maybe I like taking shots, Chad. That ever occur to you? I have played by the rules very nicely lately. Ill let it go when I feel like letting it go.

Last edited:
I picked up a few this summer on sale Black FG

next on list is 3" darkstar any day of the week is fine :)

I picked up a few this summer on sale Black FG

next on list is 3" darkstar any day of the week is fine :)

I hope the 3" Darkstar is on Tim's to-do list for this year, still wish I would have got one last year.:(

I'm hoping to upgrade my MPR and small HPR fleet. I have some big $500+ projects this year, so I'll need some small stuff to keep me entertained while not costing much.

Also MOTORS. :headbang:

Alex

I've got plenty of kits, but would not turn a blind eye to a screaming deal, especially on something like a Gizmo XL DD or a half/full size AIM-120 AMRAAM. I am more interested in motor deals this year, although my wife might shoot me if I buy more stuff that even smells related to rocketry (I don't have the kitchen pass that cwbullet does!).

A couple things we have NOT seen so far:

Bundles: For example, buy a kit at a discounted price, or buy the same kit, plus an altimeter, av-bay kit, motor retainer, etc... and get a bigger discount.

Volume Discounts: Buy one kit at, say, 20% off, the second kit of equal or lesser value is 25% off, etc... Or buy motors at 30% off, but wait, if you buy over $500 in motors you get an extra discount, and if you buy over $1,000 in motors you get the VIP discount :D

Groupie Discount: Camp in front of Wildman's house the night before the sale (or in front of Madcow Rocketry, Performance Hobbies, etc...), knock on the front door at 5AM with fresh coffee and donuts, and get the Groupie Discount, which includes some of the discounts above, plus a free T-shirt and maybe a ride in a Camaro ZL1 :eyepop:

Anything else?

I'm mixed on what I will do. Got a pretty heavy build queue still. Trying to cut back my spending for a bit. Still tough to pass on great deals.

I've got plenty of kits, but would not turn a blind eye to a screaming deal, especially on something like a Gizmo XL DD or a half/full size AIM-120 AMRAAM. I am more interested in motor deals this year, although my wife might shoot me if I buy more stuff that even smells related to rocketry (I don't have the kitchen pass that cwbullet does!).

Though I don't usually build the squat type rockets, it WOULD be nice to have a Gizmo XL to utilize my 98-5000 motor :grin:. Not sure I'd go with the DD version...probably build the DD into the NC instead.

CTI reloads always welcomed at Black Saturday sales....

What else...

TIM! Do you wanna start stocking research supplies? :flyingpig:

Groupie Discount: Camp in front of Wildman's house the night before the sale (or in front of Madcow Rocketry, Performance Hobbies, etc...), knock on the front door at 5AM with fresh coffee and donuts, and get the Groupie Discount, which includes some of the discounts above, plus a free T-shirt and maybe a ride in a Camaro ZL1 :eyepop:

I'll be on my way back to campus on Black Saturday, so I'll be ALL over this one! :cool:

Thinking about doing some damage at either madcow, RW, or Wildman.

I hope the 3" Darkstar is on Tim's to-do list for this year, still wish I would have got one last year.:(

Man I need to finish building that thing before this years sale! I'm hoping to hold myself to one kit this year. went a little bonkers last time.

Back