Anyone Build The Launch Pad Rocket ALARM?(Modified)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! Super! :clap:

Be even better if you told the camera to use tungsten white balance. Look... just sayin... :grin: :wink:

Nice touch! What's still left to do before you call her finished?

I know, it's getting kinda' pathetic. I still need to install the Bulkhead in the Nose Cone, but it's Winter here so there will be no launching til' at least Spring. I did paint the Retainer Cover Gold. Visually she's done. I hope. Oh, when it gets nice enough she does need another coat of Clear Coat, then she'll be done.

Yessir ,that did turn out very nice ,I do like it !

I also like the checkerboard pattern ,adds a little somethings that gives it a coolness factor and finishes it off very nicely (as well as the red/silver NC tip)

I do indeed approve in painting the kit whatever scheme you see fit ,and not too hardcore in making it look exactly like the real version ,a little artistic license and "carte blanche" is just fine in my opinion !!

Nice job !

Paul T

Thanks Paul. The ALARM did'nt look like the real version anyhow.
Also, My Fin Modification makes more sense stability wise.

Last edited:
I just got a Scale, so I was able to Weigh it today. It comes in at 18 Ounces without Motor.

Finally got around to chopping the tail and forward sections off of the TLP ALARM Kitbash.
This was my first TLP Kit, and my first time using a Baffle. The Baffle went down just barely far enough to fit the laundry in, and my Tail Cone/MMT was too bulky and the way I built it did'nt allow the use of Composite Motors.
I'm going to couple on a new forward section, then make a 29mm MMT to slide into the tail. Then I can even fly it with 24mm Motors with my Adapter. I will also need to make a new Nose Cone.

Before Chopping:
View attachment 251486

After:
View attachment 251487

Back